Strategy to Identify, Attack and Destroy Terrorist camps

dragonfire

Terrorism is the single largest asymmetric threat to people across the world today, while political solutions have not seen much credible decrease in terrorist activities, it is becoming imperative to identify and preemptively destroy terrosits camps, training camps, sleeper cells etc. The global war on Terror, The Mumbai Attacks, The LTTE conflict in Sri Lanka, the Al-Qaida and Tailban problems in Pakistan etc are only the few such recent "going-ons".

In this light lets have a discussion on the Intelligence, Identification, Observation, Capture and destruction aspects wrt to various terrorist camps across the globe. What are the best strategies, wht kind of forces, wht kind of equipment should the world employ in ridding us of this deadly menace while avoiding civilian casualities

(Note: Lets keep the discussion purely on a millitary basis - Pls dont make comments like: A Political solution is desired, Identify the root causes, eliminate terror from it roots etc )

Last edited by a moderator:

wickedstigma

In my opinion, from the point of view of fighting sleeper cells, for example in the US, we should keep track of potential prospects coming from outside the country, as well as keeping survailence with the ones inside that may be a threat to. Some way of keeping track of the insiders without having to stalk them might be tracking cell phones, internet use, credit card statments, etc. I really think the best way of gathering intelligence for the succesful identification ofthis terrorist camps, sleeper cells, and training camps is by infiltrating someone in them. Once you have some one inside you can get any info you want a start planning an operation for the complete destruction of the terrorists goal(s).

wertyisme

In my opinion, from the point of view of fighting sleeper cells, for example in the US, we should keep track of potential prospects coming from outside the country, as well as keeping survailence with the ones inside that may be a threat to. Some way of keeping track of the insiders without having to stalk them might be tracking cell phones, internet use, credit card statments, etc.
This is highly unlikely to happen since a) it violates personal rights to privacy and it is tantamount to stalking b) it is discriminatory towards certain people (muslims, irish for the IRA, tamils for the LTTE, etc.) c) Its really impossible to track all suspects; most are going to fall through the net anyway.

I really think the best way of gathering intelligence for the succesful identification ofthis terrorist camps, sleeper cells, and training camps is by infiltrating someone in them. Once you have some one inside you can get any info you want a start planning an operation for the complete destruction of the terrorists goal(s).
militarily, infiltrating camps sounds easy but is way too difficult to pull off successfully. terrorists would be likely to carefully vet their recruits so that no infiltrators can slip through. once inside, its likely that they will be isolated from the outside world by all means and subject to severe brainwashing as well as training. once out, and assuming your infiltrator has not been compromised, terrorists would usually shift their camps once a training cycle is finished. after all, a school is an institution, not a building.

cavalrytrooper

Terrorist Camps

A good weapon for finding enemy camps is the Predator, a remote controled drone. It could take out the camp if desired.

ekg

Testing email notification

This is a new Chinese member, I am testing if I can receive this email or not. Thank you for your understanding. EKG

uzodinma

Terrorism is the single largest asymmetric threat to people across the world today, while political solutions have not seen much credible decrease in terrorist activities, it is becoming imperative to identify and preemptively destroy terrosits camps, training camps, sleeper cells etc. The global war on Terror, The Mumbai Attacks, The LTTE conflict in Sri Lanka, the Al-Qaida and Tailban problems in Pakistan etc are only the few such recent "going-ons".

In this light lets have a discussion on the Intelligence, Identification, Observation, Capture and destruction aspects wrt to various terrorist camps across the globe. What are the best strategies, wht kind of forces, wht kind of equipment should the world employ in ridding us of this deadly menace while avoiding civilian casualities

(Note: Lets keep the discussion purely on a millitary basis - Pls dont make comments like: A Political solution is desired, Identify the root causes, eliminate terror from it roots etc )
Military intelligence should remove Islamophobia from all Intelligence activities.Using reverse psychology,terrorist propaganda should be dismantled.Luckily,Islam forbids extremism,murder,cocaine trade,Muslim disunity and other tools of al Qaeda.Using this information through the mass media,religious institutions and educational institutions will lead to an implosion in terrorist organizations,improve intelligence gathering and analysis and check terrorist funding and recruitment

uzodinma

tackling terrorism

The best strategy against terrorism would be to separate Islam from terrorism:terrorists violate Islamic tenets (see my website in the profile).Using the mass media and other agents of socialization,we can destroy the local support that terrorists need to carry out guerrilla warfare.Counter intelligence ought to have revealed this weakness in the terrorist propaganda and Islamophobia suggests internal sabotage.Equipment and more forces will not resolve the problem,proper intelligence will

dragonfire

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Military intelligence should remove Islamophobia from all Intelligence activities.Using reverse psychology,terrorist propaganda should be dismantled.Luckily,Islam forbids extremism,murder,cocaine trade,Muslim disunity and other tools of al Qaeda.Using this information through the mass media,religious institutions and educational institutions will lead to an implosion in terrorist organizations,improve intelligence gathering and analysis and check terrorist funding and recruitment
The best strategy against terrorism would be to separate Islam from terrorism:terrorists violate Islamic tenets (see my website in the profile).Using the mass media and other agents of socialization,we can destroy the local support that terrorists need to carry out guerrilla warfare.Counter intelligence ought to have revealed this weakness in the terrorist propaganda and Islamophobia suggests internal sabotage.Equipment and more forces will not resolve the problem,proper intelligence will
While i dont believe terrorism can be associated only with one religion; you are missing the point. Across the world there are regions which house terrorist training facilities which house the millitary element of these groups. These facilities impart training in weapons, CQB, Bomb assembly & planting, sabotage, hostage taking, planning these activities and then handling them. While in an ideal world your inputs are valid the world is a different place with people believing in different things. Dismantling such facilities is as important as important or more than the activities mentioned in your posts. Such facilities are isolated and the operators trained are indoctrinated with media messages which incite a hatred in them which fuels their activities. They are trained in religious aspects like why they must act and it is as per their beliefs (religious or otherwise) to indulge in activities which otherwise will be against it (e.g. murder is a sin - but they are indoctrinated in which this is showed as a neccesity and is protrayed as carrying out the will of their God).

Given a choice if i know that there is terrorists planning / ploting to hurt me i would try to identify and decimate the millitary element of such plans while engaging in a political process with the political elements of the extremists at least with that i will be prevent an attack on myself which is an immediate solution which if not done then it will simply leaving myself open to attack

uzodinma

the military element

While i dont believe terrorism can be associated only with one religion; you are missing the point. Across the world there are regions which house terrorist training facilities which house the military element of these groups. These facilities impart training in weapons, CQB, Bomb assembly & planting, sabotage, hostage taking, planning these activities and then handling them. While in an ideal world your inputs are valid the world is a different place with people believing in different things. Dismantling such facilities is as important as important or more than the activities mentioned in your posts. Such facilities are isolated and the operators trained are indoctrinated with media messages which incite a hatred in them which fuels their activities. They are trained in religious aspects like why they must act and it is as per their beliefs (religious or otherwise) to indulge in activities which otherwise will be against it (e.g. murder is a sin - but they are indoctrinated in which this is showed as a necessity and is portrayed as carrying out the will of their God).

Given a choice if i know that there is terrorists planning / plotting to hurt me i would try to identify and decimate the military element of such plans while engaging in a political process with the political elements of the extremists at least with that i will be prevent an attack on myself which is an immediate solution which if not done then it will simply leaving myself open to attack
You are right the military element is necessary.I never said it is not but when you make their indoctrination ineffective,there could be an implosion.The availability of arms and other military equipment can only be checked by reducing corruption,which smuggling thrives on.Guerrilla warfare is very difficult to stop and that is why media engagement is the best option,the only way to reach the enemy