Rising powers ? - or Start of new world to end

Rockstar

Shifting of power from Western world to multi-polar world, rising of anti - government / social elements [in name of religion]. Economic doom days, scarcity of resource an which led to new war to rise, and race for super power nation. Do any one have idea what exactly we are heading towards. As bitter relation countries are signing friendship pacts and on other-hand making counter groups [US and Russian friendship, NATO and BRIC,SCO,EU].
Terror threats which are rising without any geographical limit.
Under developed nations are coming up with new threat of nuke warfare , Military build up is high.
Now i have simple question irrespective of this military forum or this site i have simple do here we think of our present or future generation or in simple words "what about ordinary person" ?
why can't we have no dominating nations or powers.
So anyone have conclusion how to get rid of these issues [i know peace at full scale is not possible, but just wanted to know do the imaginary solution exist] :)

dragonfire

Shifting of power from Western world to multi-polar world, rising of anti - government / social elements [in name of religion]. Economic doom days, scarcity of resource an which led to new war to rise, and race for super power nation. Do any one have idea what exactly we are heading towards. As bitter relation countries are signing friendship pacts and on other-hand making counter groups [US and Russian friendship, NATO and BRIC,SCO,EU].
Terror threats which are rising without any geographical limit.
Under developed nations are coming up with new threat of nuke warfare , Military build up is high.
Now i have simple question irrespective of this military forum or this site i have simple do here we think of our present or future generation or in simple words "what about ordinary person" ?
why can't we have no dominating nations or powers.
So anyone have conclusion how to get rid of these issues [i know peace at full scale is not possible, but just wanted to know do the imaginary solution exist] :)

How 'bout Assimilation like the Alien Race in Star Trek (cant remember specifics), there is a singular concience :D - something like that -

Sorry Couldnt resist ;)

Rockstar

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
thanks for reply
this is what is wanted, actually as per me and my study [being student of Political sci] answer to this question varies. Example Globalization, it is transforming the world into one village and unity are growing among common peoples [ during any war protest are from all over the world], and second answer to this is that since world is no more single dominating power , example rift between US n Iran, but all the televisions,refrigerators and others products are being exported to Iran from US , why ?, simple because it is of surviving the economically and earning benefits economically.
"hurt by Gun can be bear, but hurt by money [economically down] can't be bear " :)

Tavarisch

To get rid of this issue, unity is the seed. Unity is the basis for a stable and peaceful world.

It is nearly impossible for such a thing to happen. To unify the world is simply an impossible task. Even in religious texts, such things are not going to happen. If the world unites, then it is simply the end of the world. Muslim Hadith claims the appearance of the anti-Christ (Dajjal), though certain senior scholars of Islam consider this to be an organization personified rather than a real creature by itself. It is then that the world unites in the common good to fight off this evil, with the sinners on the side of the anti-Christ and the believers on the side of Isa (Jesus).

(Please, do not be offended by this religious text. I am quoting it relative to the topic. I do not intend to imply anything derogatory or offending at all.)

To make the world united will contradict the idea of multi-polarity, which is something certain nations want (and some of these certain nations have nukes too). Since multi-polarity ensures that each power should have it's own say in global issues, and be reminded that each power has a different idea than the other, it will only serve to contradict the basis of unity. The definition of unity is agreement or oneness. Whereas in a supposed multi-polar world, each power is supposed to have it's own influence and ideals which may or may not disagree with the others.

As to where the world will go? It's gonna end pretty soon. Wars everywhere, starvation, disease, economic doomsdays (as you point out), amorality, deception, lack of religious value... all of these things plague the Earth. The world was not what it once was a few centuries ago. I fear that the end is very near, and only time will tell what shall happen.

Rockstar

Well friend
Good view, but i wish to clear the dajjal concept [NO OFFENSE TO ANY RELIGION IT IS JUST DISCUSSION]
so dajjal as per Islam, this called dajjal is a creature with one eye and will dominate the world by offering the wealth but diverting people from their religion and causing danger to man kind.
well so protect from Dajjal issa [jesus] will come [Christianity and Islam are much close] and then the world will get relief from this issues.
i know many have visited this post and may have considered and un-wanted and un-readable issue, but thing which i wanted to know is how many of us [an ordinary people] concern for the welfare instead of weapons and warfare !!!
Because we are actual citizens of our planet earth !!!
Well, above para was related to religion, now coming to reality it is true bringing peace to world is not possible, but not impossible !! [i believe in making every turn possible]
But, the good i got some sort of answer to my questions
thanks buddies
i got to know the beside weapon, military fans, people with love in heart also exists :)

Duffy

The unification of the world is nearly impossible. Even if there was one nation in control and a single religion. Its the perception aspect of being human that would never allow it. Everyone perceives and or interprets information and actions differently. Take this scenario for instance. Your with a group of strangers and you come to a wall. After your on top, you turn to help the person behind you. That person can perceive this in two ways. One they can say thanks and take your hand,or two they might get pissed because in your offering help they feel that you think there weak. This is not genetic and is not taught its just the way some are. I wrote a paper in school on this, at the time it was something like 4% of the population acted in this way. There was no way to predict who or why this happens. Up bringing can contribute but is not the cause. With the population growing I would assume its proportionate so theres more miserable bastard's out there than there was twenty years ago.:D I hate to say it but tolerance is the only hope. Unity is out of the question.

Last edited:

Rockstar

In history of mankind various types of state systems were evolved in different ages, but none of them could provide for enduring peace and security to people.
Greek city states were fighting against each other, Roman empire was able to control peoples of different races but it failed to arouse a sense of social solidarity among them. IN the medieval ages the pope and the emperor wanted to create a universal system on the basis of religious unity, but when different countries became aware of their national identities, the medieval empire was dissolved.
Today nation state is also facing the similar problem. It has proved more efficient than the medieval empire to provide mankind with security and happiness, but under the changed conditions it seems unable to perform its role.
In modern age nation and state are generally regarded as contaminant, but many example will prove otherwise. Some communities are scattered over different parts of the world who entertain a sense of unity on the basis of common culture, common language and common religion and profess national consciousness on that ground, but they are unable to organize themselves as a single state. For example, the kurds are scattered over Iraq, Turkey and Iran although they recognize themselves as one nation.
Information revolution all over the world has practically eliminated the distance between different countries in the matter of communication. Telephone,Internet,e-mail,fax, etc. enable us to send a message or a copy of any document from one corner of the world to another a the speed of light. with the help of satellite, Tv programmes can be transmitted and watched in all the parts of the world simultaneously. The increasing intimacy of the people all over the world has converted it into a "global village" or it can be said the new type of "global nationality" term is rising along with the unwanted face of terror.
History is repeating like days when city sates used to fights barbarians [who wished to harm civilized society, so characters, new stages and new script like old thing in new pack !!!!!

Feanor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well first off nothing is impossible. Just very very unlikely. Second off it all depends on the timeframe for world unity that we're looking at. The bigger the timeframe, the more uncertainty there is about the situation in that future, and the higher the chances are of a mass consciousness (almost Hegelian) emerging. After all the concept of public opinion didn't even exist in the past. Then it appeared, and slowly became more and more important. One could argue that mass consciousness is simply the collective of all the individual opinions and persons. In which case we wouldn't need something like the Borg, a collective entity. Instead we would simply have a general space within which the individual opinions voiced, exchanged, argued, debated, and spread around, would form an overall opinion which would represent the mass consciousness. If anything the internet is a step in that direction.