Resurgence of Soviet Union

Status
Not open for further replies.

nevidimka

With Russia increasingly asserting itself politically,militarily, and growing economic prowess. I'm starting to wonder if the West which broke up the former Soviet Union will be the reason for the emergence of a New Soviet Union?
In my opinion to achieve this new state, Russia will need to form a union with mainly 3 other state, that is Ukraine,Belarus n Kazakstan. Russian is very much close to this 3 states. there was already efforts of forming a union with Belarus. Ukraine has a sizeable russian population who preferes to associate with Russia and Kazakstan has very good relations with Russia. These 3 states have strategic importance to Russia.

With Russia growing economically and being the no 1 world energy producer, it wil surely grow faster n eclips these 3 other states, which would appeal to these 3 others to join up with Russia. Plus Russia binds all of the CIS states with trade n is thier main energy provider. West Europe or America can not claim so.

Plus to form a global wide reach, Russia will have to ressurrect old allies. A strengthtening of connections with Vietnam,Venezuela, India, China n Cuba will help them to gain foothold in those parts of the world. A military installation (ABM) in Venezuela n Cuba will surely put America's ABM back in check.

plus when i checked the internet domain .su is has been reserved for russia.

p/s You would think the city below looks like somewhere in west europe..but wait a minute.. its modernising Moscow!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/6/60/Moscow-city_plan.JPG/800px-Moscow-city_plan.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.