Helmand Afghanistan: Analyze and Discuss

fozz

I would like to bring up the topic of Southern Afghanistan; specifically the Helmand province.

I have a few questions that I would like everyone to begin discussing and I will add in my .02 when I get home from work..

Should more effort and manpower be given to the Helmand Province?
Is the Southern Border with Pakistan Problematic?
QST's narcotic trade of opium.
How many Foreign Fighters are involved with the QST in Helmand?
Have we failed to prevent the insurgency from returning to Helmand once pushed out of select areas?
What should the role of the ANSF/ANP/ANA play in operations/security in Helmand?

That's all for now.

godbody

I would like to bring up the topic of Southern Afghanistan; specifically the Helmand province.

I have a few questions that I would like everyone to begin discussing and I will add in my .02 when I get home from work..

Should more effort and manpower be given to the Helmand Province?
Is the Southern Border with Pakistan Problematic?
QST's narcotic trade of opium.
How many Foreign Fighters are involved with the QST in Helmand?
Have we failed to prevent the insurgency from returning to Helmand once pushed out of select areas?
What should the role of the ANSF/ANP/ANA play in operations/security in Helmand?

That's all for now.
To replied to your discussion ANSF ANP ANA are already with the 101st Airborne Division. By putting the ANA and ANSF with the 101st the ANA with be able to learn how to fight effectively. The role of the ANA now is to learn how to fight the right way The insurgency are just now adopting to U.S. forces in Helmand. The insurgency have lay low in Helmand province after the U.S. Marines and other forces launched Operation Moshtarak in Febuary 2010 all they did was hide there weapon so they can fight another day. That been proving during the months of June, July, August, and September. There already enough forces there now you have a whole U.S. Division which is the 101st Airborne(air assault) Division and Marines plus ISAF. Thing have change on the ground but insurgency are hard to wipe out they are like drug dealer in America you take some out and put in jail only to have them replaced by other dealers the cycle keep going on and on. Some are getting back in Helmand slowly one at a time. The Afghan you think are cool are not. The unit that are in Helmand are doing a good job considering what they have to deal with. You have the civilians that don't believe in the central government. We haven't fail in preventing the insurgency from returning to Helmand Province there already there. Any Taliban that travel in large number will be destroyed quickly. They coming in now as peoples who act like they are displaced disguised as ordinary Afghans. Since this is the heart of the Taliban there are not to many foreign there.

Last edited:

surpreme

To replied to your discussion ANSF ANP ANA are already with the 101st Airborne Division. By putting the ANA and ANSF with the 101st the ANA with be able to learn how to fight effectively. The role of the ANA now is to learn how to fight the right way The insurgency are just now adopting to U.S. forces in Helmand. The insurgency have lay low in Helmand province after the U.S. Marines and other forces launched Operation Moshtarak in Febuary 2010 all they did was hide there weapon so they can fight another day. That been proving during the months of June, July, August, and September. There already enough forces there now you have a whole U.S. Division which is the 101st Airborne(air assault) Division and Marines plus ISAF. Thing have change on the ground but insurgency are hard to wipe out they are like drug dealer in America you take some out and put in jail only to have them replaced by other dealers the cycle keep going on and on. Some are getting back in Helmand slowly one at a time. The Afghan you think are cool are not. The unit that are in Helmand are doing a good job considering what they have to deal with. You have the civilians that don't believe in the central government. We haven't fail in preventing the insurgency from returning to Helmand Province there already there. Any Taliban that travel in large number will be destroyed quickly. They coming in now as peoples who act like they are displaced disguised as ordinary Afghans. Since this is the heart of the Taliban there are not to many foreign there.
Godbody you said some good points. Now in Helmand it a different situation from last year. The pressure is being put on the Taliban now they don't have time to plan anything cause the 101st continue to hit them. The ANA unit in Helmand are doing good.