Emergency In Pakistan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

su-30mki

Banned Member
We all know bos that emergency has been imposed in Pakistan by the military ruler of pakistan.This could very well breach the thin line and bring an uprising against the ruler who belongs to the country's army.Considering that Pakistan is a nuclear weapons state its long standing ally the US has come down strongly on the ruler and many nations have suspended the economic aid to pakistan which could put a heavy burden on its economy. A colapsing economy,nuclear weapons and fundamantalism.
What could this mean to the startegy of different countries in asia, and the US.

Viper7

There is no uprising, there isn't any unease in the daily life of Pakistanis. This whole charade of democracy cries are from the goons who disguise themselves as the standard bearers of democracy and want to come back in power. For a decade, democracy was in charge and what did we get in return.

Benazir in 1989-1990, then she was ousted on charges of corruption

Nawaz from 1990-1993, then he was thrown out on corruption

Benazir from 1993-1996, then fired on breeching the law again

Nawaz from 1996-1999, thrown out on charges of corruption

Lemme give you a glimpse of what we Pakistanis did the day after the imposition of emergency:

16,000 people throng zoo to see giraffes

Sunday, November 04, 2007 By Our Correspondent

MORE than 16,000 people especially children thronged the zoo to witness the newly arrived trio of giraffes here on Saturday.

The giraffes arrived at the Lahore Zoo after some 13 years on Friday night (November 2). Majority of the people visiting the zoo were seen roaming around the Giraffe House to get a glimpse of these shy animals. The last giraffe at the Lahore Zoo died after swallowing a plastic bag some 13 years back.

The newcomers are shy to come out from their covered house due to the new atmosphere. The zoo administration said the giraffes will take some time to get familiar with the local environment. The zoo administration has termed the day a memorable one in the history of the Lahore Zoo.

“I saw the giraffes when I was in my college and now I brought my kids to see these amazing animals,” said Muhammad Jamshed, a resident of Iqbal Town. He added he and his children waited for some two hours to see the tallest animal of the world as the trio (one male and two females) were inside the covered area. His children, Benish and Mujtaba, were feeling very excited and said they will tell their schoolfellows about the giraffes.

“We came from Faisalabad to see the trio,” said Mahnoor, Sadia and Huma. They said they came to Lahore with their school trip to the Lahore Zoo. The trip was scheduled earlier but the students requested the school administration to delay the trip till arrival of the giraffes so that the students could see these amazing creatures, they also said. The Lahore zoo is the only zoo in Pakistan to have the tallest animal on the earth, they added.

Besides the trio, Suzi the elephant was the other major attraction of the visitors. Children surrounding the Elephant House loved to give cash to Suzi despite the fact that the zoo administration has banned the activity. The chimpanzee and Raja the hippopotamus also attracted the visitors.

Most of the visitor viewed they enjoyed their trip despite the ongoing construction work in the zoo, which created difficulties for the people.

People were seen sitting in grounds eating and gossiping while the children were playing and roaming around them.

Director Lahore Zoo, Yousaf Pal said some 16,000 people visited the Lahore Zoo on Saturday while on routine Saturdays this number stands around 7,000 to 8,000. He also said the arrival of giraffes is the latest attraction to the Lahore Zoo and the administration is expecting increase in the number of daily visitors.

The zoo was trying to procure giraffes since 1996 but the process was delayed due to several reasons, he expressed and maintained the administration has taken all the necessary arrangements to monitor the health of the newcomers and no negligence in this regard will be tolerated.
Pakistan President - General Pervaiz Musharraf, issued a state of emergency so that we are better able to stamp out and destroy the terrorists which are right now actively carrying out attacks. In such a state, elections being held would be a disasterous decision on part of the Govt. One doesn't need to use his/her imagination of what the carnage would befall, they only have to look at what happened when Benazir Bhutto arrived in Karachi recently. 130 Pakistani lives were lost in an attack on Bhuttos life.

Nobody in his/her right mind would hold elections at such a time.

Plus, we will come to terms with democracy, at our own pace. It took America 300 years to be where it is today, it took Europe more than that to achieve democracy. Pakistan has only seen 60 years of its existance, you cannot just snap a finger and expect to have instant democracy. If the west expects this, then I'm sorry to say that they have not a care in the world for the Pakistanis.

With only 38% literacy, we need to go alot further before we can attain democracy. Where illiterates are influenced by brute force, money, bribes and etc, to get votes. You cannot expect democracy to flourish. These politicians are using the face of democracy to further their gains in wealth and power. And when they're caught, they run of to some western country for refuge. Benazir (till recently), Nawaz and Altaf are all in Britain.

Musharraf is not some dictator. The man put himself up for the ultimate honor a Pakistani can ever hope to achieve. To put his country before him and put his life on the line to defend his country. Musharraf did that as a soldier fighting both the 1965 & 1971 wars. He is a man of his word, and will fulfill his duty to put Pakistan on the road to prosperity, peace and democracy.

And he has to do that, with eliminating corruption from within the country, fight the war on terror and hold democratic elections. Honestly, would anyone want to take on such a responsibility? I can tell you for sure, that none of those dimwit, half a brain, so-called democracy chanters would take on this responsibility. Because they are only trying to come to power to fill their pockets and plunder the wealth of Pakistan.

I as a Pakistani and like millions more, am glad that the emergency is imposed and I would say to Musharraf to use this to destroy those terrorist goons who plague our homeland.

funtz

The same things are regularly quoted by the military Junta in Burma, even the BAAT party went along similar lines. Movies were still making good money when Late Mrs. Indira Gandhi declared emergency in India, the movie halls were still filled with people, however so were the streets with protesters. There is a lot of Media coverage on this thing every thing from CNN to th

However from a purely military point of view, most Indian Army officers i know believe that Pakistan's Regular Military Forces are very disciplined and the political situation in Pakistan will have no effect on the nuclear question, I believe them.

As for the military Aid to Pakistan its highly unlikely that it will see any amounts of cuts, the situation in Washington looks another Hippocratic stand taken by a foreign policy that is centered around absolute greed and not the general good of the world (as it should be), i think its going to be real hard talk backed by no real steps, this is as old as dirt, "he might be a SOB, but he is our SOB".

A colapsing economy,nuclear weapons and fundamantalism.
What could this mean to the startegy of different countries in asia, and the US.
Well sitting tight with an eye on what ever intel is present will be all, other than that i don't see anything that can happen, there is nothing new in this. Oh ya and have a nice Diwali, dont drink and drive, ya thats about all we can do, got plenty to do here, dont know about other nations, its not like Afghanistan, Iran, China, Bangladesh have a role to Play, is it?

That Hollywood writers strike that gets equal coverage to the Pakistan situation on the international News made me realize that movies similar to them disgusting "Russian nukes falling in terrorist hands" might make an Asian comeback.

Last edited:

su-30mki

Banned Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
There is no uprising, there isn't any unease in the daily life of Pakistanis. This whole charade of democracy cries are from the goons who disguise themselves as the standard bearers of democracy and want to come back in power. For a decade, democracy was in charge and what did we get in return.

Benazir in 1989-1990, then she was ousted on charges of corruption

Nawaz from 1990-1993, then he was thrown out on corruption

Benazir from 1993-1996, then fired on breeching the law again

Nawaz from 1996-1999, thrown out on charges of corruption

Lemme give you a glimpse of what we Pakistanis did the day after the imposition of emergency:

Pakistan President - General Pervaiz Musharraf, issued a state of emergency so that we are better able to stamp out and destroy the terrorists which are right now actively carrying out attacks. In such a state, elections being held would be a disasterous decision on part of the Govt. One doesn't need to use his/her imagination of what the carnage would befall, they only have to look at what happened when Benazir Bhutto arrived in Karachi recently. 130 Pakistani lives were lost in an attack on Bhuttos life.

Nobody in his/her right mind would hold elections at such a time.

Plus, we will come to terms with democracy, at our own pace. It took America 300 years to be where it is today, it took Europe more than that to achieve democracy. Pakistan has only seen 60 years of its existance, you cannot just snap a finger and expect to have instant democracy. If the west expects this, then I'm sorry to say that they have not a care in the world for the Pakistanis.

With only 38% literacy, we need to go alot further before we can attain democracy. Where illiterates are influenced by brute force, money, bribes and etc, to get votes. You cannot expect democracy to flourish. These politicians are using the face of democracy to further their gains in wealth and power. And when they're caught, they run of to some western country for refuge. Benazir (till recently), Nawaz and Altaf are all in Britain.

Musharraf is not some dictator. The man put himself up for the ultimate honor a Pakistani can ever hope to achieve. To put his country before him and put his life on the line to defend his country. Musharraf did that as a soldier fighting both the 1965 & 1971 wars. He is a man of his word, and will fulfill his duty to put Pakistan on the road to prosperity, peace and democracy.

And he has to do that, with eliminating corruption from within the country, fight the war on terror and hold democratic elections. Honestly, would anyone want to take on such a responsibility? I can tell you for sure, that none of those dimwit, half a brain, so-called democracy chanters would take on this responsibility. Because they are only trying to come to power to fill their pockets and plunder the wealth of Pakistan.

I as a Pakistani and like millions more, am glad that the emergency is imposed and I would say to Musharraf to use this to destroy those terrorist goons who plague our homeland.
This actually proves that democracy was never given a chance in pakistan.
not a single govt. was allowed to complete the full term.
I dont want to go political,but sharif was overthrown by musharaf and tomorow somebody else will overthrow mush.
Where does the problem lie in pakistan??

WAR

I need to know whether the Mods have allowed political discussion on DTF? If YES, then would like to share my opinion on the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.