Go Back   Defense Technology & Military Forum > Global Defense & Military > Military Photos & Videos
Forgot Password? Join Us! Its's free!

Defense News
Land, Air & Naval Forces

Military Photos
Latest Military Pictures

Miramar_14_MV-22_1621a.JPG

Miramar_14_MV-22_1726a.JPG

Miramar_14_MV-22_0074a1.JPG

Miramar_14_FA-18C_0409a.JPG
Defense Reports
Aerospace & Defence

Recent Photos - DefenceTalk Military Gallery

WWI Scottish Soldier

This is a discussion on WWI Scottish Soldier within the Military Photos & Videos forum, part of the Global Defense & Military category; I am attaching a photo of a young Scottish soldier. I am not even sure where to begin searching to ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old June 8th, 2011   #1
Just Hatched
Private
No Avatar
Threads:
WWI Scottish Soldier

I am attaching a photo of a young Scottish soldier. I am not even sure where to begin searching to figure out his regiment. I have some books coming on British and Canadian cap and collar badges as well as some on uniforms of WWI. I can't quite make out the shoulder titles or collar badges. His cap badge is Gordon Highlander though. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Heidi
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WWI.jpg (68.2 KB, 13 views)
kiltwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2011   #2
Deaf talker?
General
Threads:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiltwatcher View Post
I am attaching a photo of a young Scottish soldier. I am not even sure where to begin searching to figure out his regiment. I have some books coming on British and Canadian cap and collar badges as well as some on uniforms of WWI. I can't quite make out the shoulder titles or collar badges. His cap badge is Gordon Highlander though. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Heidi
Do you have an approximate date for when the photo was taken? Apart from just in WWI?
Old June 8th, 2011   #3
Just Hatched
Private
No Avatar
Threads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todjaeger View Post
Do you have an approximate date for when the photo was taken? Apart from just in WWI?
I have no date. And there are no markings on the photograph. No studio imprint or name. I have a ton of books coming on British insignia and cap badges. There are also some on uniforms and collecting on the way. I have tried to enlarge the image but it just gets blurry. So I am waiting on a digital microscope. I canmake out the cap badge as the Gordon with the stag. I think the bottom should title may say Saudi Arabia. We will see. I thought I would get this photo out there and someone will know something that I don't. Thanks, Heidi
kiltwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: