What Type Of Sniper Rifle Is This?

highsea

It's a muzzle brake. Reduces the recoil.

I'd say it's a 12.7mm, looks like a bullpup, but you can't tell what kind. Similar to a Barrett M95, but the scope mount is wrong. Wish there was a better picture.

Raven_Wing278

if u order Ordnance Knowledge...the pictures in there definiatly show that its of bullpup design. it also says(its in chinese so i dunno ho2 translate) that if the "Recoil Reducer" wasnt there it'll break/dislocate your arm...so it must be pretty heavy...lol the guys got hes eye glued 2 the scope..if theres 2 much recoil..it'll probably take out his eye :D

highsea

Red Arrow, this picture illustrates how the muzzle brake works. As the projectile leaves the barrel, the gases behind it are ejected to the rear at an angle from ports in the brake. The effect is to "push" the gun away from the shooter. This is a larger scale, being a self propelled howitzer, but you can see the principle.

highsea

To link a picture to your post, it has to exist on a server somewhere. The BBCode format is
. If you want to upload pics the the gallery and link them from there, there is instructions in the gallery. Send me a PM if you have a problem.

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
It's China's Type W03 12.7mm Sniper rifle, in essence it's a modified version of the French 'Hecate II'

mcgregoruk

gf0012-aust said:
It's China's Type W03 12.7mm Sniper rifle, in essence it's a modified version of the French 'Hecate II'
Wasn't the 12.7 cal anti-aircraft weapon the one that did a devil of a lot of damage to US aircraft in Nam.

The shooter's eye is definitely in the wrong place. God knows what the eye relief is on that scope.

mcgregoruk