What is it?

Todjaeger

Potstirrer
Does anyone recognize this. I assume this is Libya but I am not sure.
Hard to tell from the photo since it is rather small and the angle it not the best... I believe it is a UB-32 rocket pod for the Soviet/Russian 55mm S-5 (or C-5) rocket.

-Cheers

Publicaffairs

Does anyone recognize this. I assume this is Libya but I am not sure.
I think Todjaeger could be right. May be a mounted UB-32 helicopter rocket launcher pod at the rear of light pickup truck.

For this is my first post, I can´t give you a link or a picture, but a short google search matched your picture.

The description of the picture is:
"Libyan rebel's manufacture their own weapons and armored vehicles with captured armament. In the city of Benghazi the Libyan rebel's organize themselves, and workshops of local made weapons and armoured vehicle are created. Mechanics and engineers manufacture weapons to fight the heavy vehicles as main battle tanks of Kaddafi Forces." and "Libyan rebel's mounted UB-32 57 mm helicopter rocket launcher pod at the rear of light pickup truck"

InCockpit

Since Libya operated both the Mi-24 and Mi-8 it looks like a UB-32 rocket pod from one of those helicopters. It could even be a rocket pod for S-24 240mm guided rockets or S-25 330mm guided rockets from a SU-25 "Frogfoot"

Last edited:

OPERATOOOR

Necessity... is the mother of invention

الحاجة ام الاختراع

in english

Necessity... is the mother of invention

coz freedom fighters didn't have the good weapons to fight gaddafi troops