Pakistan: Defence Day (Sept . 6th)

BasitS

Pakistan / Defence Day Rehearsals Begin

LAHORE, PAKISTAN: Pakistani armoured tanks take part in a full dress rehearsal ahead of celebrations for the country's Defence Day in Lahore, 04 September 2005.

LAHORE, PAKISTAN: Pakistani armoured tanks take part in a full dress rehearsal ahead of celebrations for the country's Defence Day in Lahore, 04 September 2005

KARACHI, PAKISTAN: Pakistan's armoured vehicles and troops prepare to take position during a full dress rehearsal ahead of celebrations for the country's Defence Day in Karachi, 04 September 2005. Pakistan is preparing to celebrate Defence Day 06 September, to commemorate the war fought in 1965.

KARACHI, PAKISTAN: Pakistani army troops take part in a mock battle during a full dress rehearsal ahead of celebrations for the country's Defence Day in Karachi, 04 September 2005.

BasitS

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Re: Pakistan / Defence Day Rehearsals Begin

Hussain said:
Tanks look abit prehistoric don't they?
Yeah. I'm not sure if they're going to use the Al Khalid (MBT-2000) for the rehearsals, or on the Defence Day.

BasitS

Re: Pakistan / Defence Day Rehearsals Begin

Two Pakistani girls get information about the gun from an army soldier during a rehearsal for the forthcoming Pakistan Defense Day ceremony in Karachi, Pakistan, Sunday, Sept. 4, 2005.

BasitS

Defence Day being celebrated in Pakistan today, Sept. 6th. Pakistan celebrates its Defense Day to mark the 1965 war over the disputed Kashmir region.

kashifshahzad

Banned Member
Again this year PAF didnt celebrated on the Chaklala base i live near to it . I think PAF was saving money form 3-4 years for the high-mark :( I really had to do some purchasings from the exibition.Army did celebrated at the race course but i dont know where it is located and it is too far also i will try to go to the race course ground if PAF will not celebrate.
By the way nice pics do you have more post it

amit21mech

Nice pix. Pakistani defence forces always display themselves far far much better than our Indian Forces in parades and events.

BasitS

Kashmiris observe Defence of Pakistan Day

MIRPUR (September 07 2005):
Kashmiris living at both sides of the line of control -Azad Jammu Kashmir and Indian held Jammu Kashmir - as well as rest of the world observed the Defence Day of Pakistan on Tuesday with great enthusiasm, devotion and due solemnity coupled with renewal of the pledge to be always prepared to give every kind of sacrifices for the stability, solidarity and prosperity and for strengthening the defence of Pakistan.

In Azad Jammu Kashmir the day dawned with special prayers at Fajr in the mosques for the stability, defence, progress and prosperity of Pakistan and for the early success of the Kashmir freedom movement. :)

Special ceremonies to observe the Defence Day of Pakistan were held at various places in Azad Jammu Kashmir to pay rich tributes to the martyrs of the 1965 Indo-Pak war for giving the sacrifices of their valuable lives to safeguard the geographical and ideological frontiers of the country. Besides they also paid tributes to the brave armed forces of Pakistan and ghazis.

The special ceremonies to observe the day were managed under the auspices of various social, political and public representative organisations to highlight the importance of the day.

Speakers on this occasion reiterated the Kashmiris' resolve to continue the struggle for freedom of occupied Jammu Kashmir from the Indian yoke. People from various parts of AJK also visited the mazars of the martyrs of 1965 war and offered fateha.

All the three radio stations of Azad Kashmir - Mirpur, Muzaffarabad and Tarakheil - aired special programme of Defence Day of Pakistan highlighting the importance of this day in the history of Pakistan.

Copyright Associated Press of Pakistan, 2005