PAK-FA Concept (?)

Ananda

The Bunker Group
The Pakfa concept has been around so many times..and changing so many times, now we simply confused whether it's an official versions or another fanboy concepts.

Wish they just show what the prototype look like (if it's already trully exist).

Ooo welll...the ruskies perhaps have diiferent marketing concepts..making people continues expectations perhaps one of them...like Harry potter movies:)

Bonza

Super Moderator
Staff member
These are from the website of a Russian design artist named Aleksander Dultsev, so by no means are they anything "official". Practicality-wise I'm not sure about the designs but that aside, the quality of his work sure is beautiful. :)

This is his website, where you can find the above PAK-FA concepts, among other things:

:::MOVING PIXELS:DESIGN:::

SlyDog

Looks stunning! The top picture make me think about Sukhoi, in the way the front fuselage are raised.

turin

from observation based on the pictures posted, there are 2 types of airplane. correct me if i'm wrong.
Initially two versions were planned, as a new high-low-mix for replacing current fighters. However due to budget and time constraints only one type is being developed as a multi-role-replacement for all relevant types. The other one was cancelled several years ago. Beyond the fact that it will feature twin engines and an AESA-radar, nothing is known about the current configuration in reliable media sources.

Those pictures are nothing more than fanboy creations and it shows in the details on some pictures, displaying variations between pictures and elements that make no sense beyond being eye-candy. They are not related to the actual aircraft and so far, except for one dubious release by russian media outlets that was picked up by western online news portals (such as flightglobal etc), no recent images have been produced in official or other reliable reports. I guess the first we will see is an actual photo of a static display or such. The Russians really dont have a habit of producing photoshop-type pictures of their equipment for any purposes.

turin

In case someone is interested, I stumbled across the original source for the pictures posted above. The artist is Aleksander Dultsev, he is a freelance designer and he created those pictures just for fun/promotion of his work.

His website can be found under :::MOVING PIXELS:DESIGN::: .

Anyways, he is not related in any form to Sukhoi or the actual work on PAKFA.

Bonza

Super Moderator
Staff member
In case someone is interested, I stumbled across the original source for the pictures posted above. The artist is Aleksander Dultsev, he is a freelance designer and he created those pictures just for fun/promotion of his work.

His website can be found under :::MOVING PIXELS:DESIGN::: .

Anyways, he is not related in any form to Sukhoi or the actual work on PAKFA.
Read the replies more carefully...I pointed all of this out in post #4.

Not being rude or anything, just saying. :)

turin

Yeah sorry about that. Your post sort of went down in my read of the thread, I guess because of later replies still questioning the nature of these pictures.

Anyway, thanks for pointing that out.

SURB

When this bird is expected to take a leap in the air?:fly
On 28 of February 2009 Mikhail pogosyan announced that the airframe for the aircraft was almost finished and that the first prototype should be ready by August 2009.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sukhoi_PAK_FA#cite_note-15On 20 August 2009, Sukhoi General Director Mikhail Pogosyan said that the first flight would be by year end. Konstantin Makiyenko, deputy head of the Moscow-based Centre for Analysis of Strategies and Technologies said that "even with delays", the plane would likely make its first flight by January or February,:( adding that there could be at least 10 years between the first flight and commercial production & On same occasion Russian Air Force Chief Alexander Zelin said that there were problems with the engines :lam and research was continuing.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sukhoi_PAK_FA#cite_note-25

Feanor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Last I heard was late December as the new flight time. We'll have to wait and see.

fltworthy

It's official: first flight of the PAK-FA T-50 prototype has been scrubbed until early 2010. Russian Deputy Prime Minister Sergei Ivanov confirmed it:
Russia to start 5th generation fighter tests in 2010 - deputy PM | Top Russian news and analysis online | 'RIA Novosti' newswire

Jane's Defence Weekly carried the story about two weeks ago. They reportedly got their inside tip from a Russian engineer involved in the program. At the time, it was reported that Sukhoi might still hold an official roll-out ceremony for the prototype in December, as a way of saving face.