New zealand Sas training

aaaditya

hey buddy,any idea where that desert training is being conducted? i always thought that as there are no deserts in new zealand it must be in australia.

any idea what are the countries where new zealand sends its troops for joint training and excercises.

Todjaeger

Potstirrer
hey buddy,any idea where that desert training is being conducted? i always thought that as there are no deserts in new zealand it must be in australia.

any idea what are the countries where new zealand sends its troops for joint training and excercises.
I would imagine much of the desert training in done in Oz. IIRC the ADF SASR and NZSAS cross train, and the SASR does their alpine training in NZ.

-Cheers

mattyem

re: training

During the summer months there are several places in which are utilised for desert training. Central north island around waiurou army camp dries off and provides a suitable training ground and also tekapo down in the central south of the south island. These are the areas used for pre-deployment training to afghan and prove to provide very similar conditions