New JF-17/FC-1 Pic!

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
Edited: Added the picture to the gallery so it would load along with 2 other pics. Chinese servers are too slow. Please save the picture and upload to the gallery or use the attachment feature to attach it to your post. These features are there for such reasons so you don't have to look for places to upload it and so we don't have to wait for the pictures to load.

Enjoy!!!

SABRE

Super Moderator
Verified Defense Pro
Good pictures..1st one seems to be taken off from a video. Is this video available on any chinese sites??

adsH

Someone seriously needs to do something about the Ploom that it leaves behind, that is the Least Stealthy, would shine on the IRST sensor screen of any Antiquated AC.

mysterious

Adsh, I think that 'ploom' is just a phenomenon that happens with the new engine getting all fired up when the jet takes to the skies for the first/first couple of time(s). I'm saying this cuz Jf-17 is not the only jet that has encountered that. I've seen videos of Indian LCAs and even the Swedish Gripens who had that 'ploom' issue in their initial flights as well.

Pendekar

maybe the fuel-air ratio is not right. lot of smoke means the engine is not reaching optimal fuel burn. i guess they should adjusting the fuel line a little bit.

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
It could be just a legacy of the engine design, eg F4 engines were notoriously smokey, and 3rd generation russian engines were also rather visible.

I'd be laying bets that that perticular aircraft is using one of the earlier russian mules.

Jet engines don't "run in" and smoke like that (unless they're 2nd, 3rd generation engines)

Red aRRow

Forum Bouncer
That prototype is running the RD-33 engine. The production planes are planned to be mounted with the newer RD-93.

adsH

Pendekar said:
maybe the fuel-air ratio is not right. lot of smoke means the engine is not reaching optimal fuel burn. i guess they should adjusting the fuel line a little bit.
Its the Not fuel flow or the Fuel management Issue, if its an Older gen engine then it would Produce a plume AKA Hot Gas Emission. And its more down to a design issue rather then Usage. Simply put whenever that Engine would Reheat for an after burner, rest assured it would be lighting its self up on any Passive IR Sensor in the Vicinity.

There are two points of IR signature Emissions. one is the Infamous Nozzle the source of Engine Heat which can be role played by the the Plume gas exhaust which is about 85 percent Hot as the the Nozzle area. or there can be Body surfaces which can produce IR emissions, commonly known as the aerodynamic heating. If this AC is 3rd gen then you can expect a large Aerodynamic heating signature. and you can surely expect a Large Plume IR Emission, i wont bore you guys with the Equations of the Stefan Boltzmann Law and the various other Equations Laws driven Equations for the Calculations for the Nozel Radiant Emissions

kashifshahzad

Banned Member
I think they JF-17 looks great caz the paint used to paint them is too cool they do not look good in yellow colour.I think Pakistanis are going to paint them same which they have done with the other planes like F-16's,F-7 and F-7PG's but the Mirage is remaining i wanna save these pics on my pc:)