New FX-05 Mexican rifle gone public

icelord

The Bunker Group
Verified Defense Pro
Whats going on, Theres no colour co-ordination, what are these people thinking?
Olive green on black, so not in season:d

Centauro

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
After so many months of waiting to see a picture of soldiers using it, finally yesterday it was shown to us during the graduation of the Heroic Military academy cadets.

The data I have about this rifle officially from the army is that it is a 5.56 X 45 caliber and it comes in SEMI and FULL selective fire.

Now from my point of view, looks like the rifle has a dismaountable carry handle, an integrated bipod. The colors used for the rifle i have seen so far are ''sand'', and dark green colors.

In this small picture you can see the sandish or earth color:

And here are a few graphic representations:

moughoun

Defense Professional
Verified Defense Pro
zack113 said:
It is the G36
Mexican Army Producing it under license
no it's not a licenced G36, they wanted to build a licenced copy but it was too expensive, so they "developed" this rifle instead.

Big-E

Banned Member
moughoun said:
no it's not a licenced G36, they wanted to build a licenced copy but it was too expensive, so they "developed" this rifle instead.
So they did rip off HK!:mad: I think it's time for some lawsuits.:ban

icelord

The Bunker Group
Verified Defense Pro
No condescending remarks please.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pathfinder-X

Tribal Warlord
Verified Defense Pro
Someone is going to be disiplined.......

And that's with this guy, looking for reduction in pay?

Last edited:

olkiej

man I never knew the Mexican army was so modern, i personally tought they used old soviet junk, but this is really a great job, thunbs up for Mexico!:nutkick

Bkarma06

well I dont have the full story yet but it seems that the general in charge of Mexicos military industries got himself fired for "developing" this gun it turned out that Hk was going to sue but they settled out of court and he lost the chance to be the new secretary of national defense. ( it looks like he copied the gas sistem which is a patented Hk sistem and he got caught):gun

Chino

Defense Professional
Verified Defense Pro
Someone is going to be disiplined.......

And that's with this guy, looking for reduction in pay?
Don't really matter, looks like all of the weapons have the charging handles removed.

Charging handle shown here in orange:

Chino

Defense Professional
Verified Defense Pro
On another forum, these same pictures were posted including one where 2 of the soldiers chatting. One of them had the standard version of the rifle and he was examining the scoped version of the rifle from another soldier.

So I think they are still pretty unfamiliar with the weapon at the time of parade.

All the rifles look brand new factory mint condition so i won't be surprised that they have not been used by the troops for anything other than training for this parade so far.

Bkarma06

it's still unconfirmed but it looks like h&k and the mexican goverment settled before matters got to court what gives more credence to the story is that the general who at times was expected to be named the secretary of defense was banished to the state of oaxaca and he wasnt given any command of anything which in mexico it is understood that it is a career stoper. and he wont be getting the chance to rise any further :gun