MCAS Miramar Air Show Gallery Open

Scott

Photographer/Contributor
Verified Defense Pro
I just started posting, more to follow. This was the 2nd air show appearance for the F-35B STOVL JSF. The demonstration aircraft from the Black Sheep Squadron (VMFA 121) flew in & returned to MCAS Yuma each day & there was also an aircraft on static display throughout the show. I took a few hundred photos of the F-35B & have posted a representative sample already, but if the number of views suggests a demand for more, I will post more.

MCAS Miramar made a valiant effort to put on an air show last year featuring all civilian aircraft, only to have that cancelled two days prior to the event by sequestration. The Marines came through put on another great show this year. Other featured demonstrations included the Marine Air Ground Task Force (MAGTF), an MV-22 demo and the US Navy Blue Angels flight demonstration team.

MCAS Miramar 2104 - Military Pictures - Air Force Army Navy Missiles Defense

cdxbow

I just started posting, more to follow. This was the 2nd air show appearance for the F-35B STOVL JSF. The demonstration aircraft from the Black Sheep Squadron (VMFA 121) flew in & returned to MCAS Yuma each day & there was also an aircraft on static display throughout the show. I took a few hundred photos of the F-35B & have posted a representative sample already, but if the number of views suggests a demand for more, I will post more.

MCAS Miramar made a valiant effort to put on an air show last year featuring all civilian aircraft, only to have that cancelled two days prior to the event by sequestration. The Marines came through put on another great show this year. Other featured demonstrations included the Marine Air Ground Task Force (MAGTF), an MV-22 demo and the US Navy Blue Angels flight demonstration team.

MCAS Miramar 2104 - Military Pictures - Air Force Army Navy Missiles Defense
The image you took of the Blue Angels here is amazing, http://www.defencetalk.com/pictures/mcas-miramar-2104/p48025-us-navy-blue-angels-fa-18c-hornet.html I had to check closely it wasn't photoshopped, because it's an easy effect to do with a bit of CGI. Great photo, and probably even better flying.

Last edited:

Scott

Photographer/Contributor
Verified Defense Pro
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

cdxbow

Thanks, I wish I had that capability, but all I have is an older version of Paint Shop Pro & all I do at this time is noise removal & some color modification.
I don't actually use Photoshop, I use Paint Shop Pro myself and have done for decades. Nothing much wrong with it, but it does have problems with working with transparent layers, which for gaming texture work is a problem, so I had to move to the commercial version, Corel PSP x2, which seems to have fixed the transparencies bug. Other than that you should be able to do most stuff with the older shareware versions.