Iranian Airforce

Lulldapull

Banned Member
Salaam,

Ehm...a small correction: the third image depicted three 'cats was not Persian machines; they were Navy ones.:)

Anyway nice pics! It's better than nothing!!:D :D

Brit

Indiginous Saeqeh-80 fighter

And again, from an Iranian publication (probably not 100% accurate but indicative of layout):

kashifshahzad

Banned Member
P.A.F said:
looks quite good. A mix of f-5, F-18 and F-14.
Mate why you are after the Iranian forces

Indiginous Saeqeh-80 fighter is a mixed but smaller version more looks like a tranier having Launching pads :D

The above AC that is a transporter isant that C-130 Hercules

Brit

kashifshahzad said:

Indiginous Saeqeh-80 fighter is a mixed but smaller version more looks like a tranier having Launching pads :D

Mate, the Saeqeh-80 seems to be better powered than your own Jl-17 and F16s. Hardly to be dissmissed as a "trainer".

As for the Herc. Yep.

P.A.F

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
i'm not after them. i'm just interested in them as hardly anyone talks about iran here.

How can u say that. It looks just like a fighter to me.

yes it is a C-130.

kashifshahzad

Banned Member
Brit said:
Mate, the Saeqeh-80 seems to be better powered than your own Jl-17 and F16s. Hardly to be dissmissed as a "trainer".

As for the Herc. Yep.
Brit can you explain me how.I really want to know with which engine it is powered by whether it is indignous or they got that from somewhere.

P.A.F said:
i'm not after them. i'm just interested in them as hardly anyone talks about iran here.
Yeah but why only the Iranian Forces why not any western forces people here say that they are fed up of Pak India talk there must be talk about the other countries too.If the discussion revolves into this region then new members will get bored(thats what i think :confused: )

I didnt know that Iran have F-14's but now what are they doing with them (know senctions caz they are in real trouble)US do the same first supplies the weapons and when they deny for something then there is destruction the cases are infront of your eyes like Afghanistan and Iraq dont get angry Mod this is reality

Brit

Two R195s I think, basically the same as Su-25 but with afterburners. Iran already uses Su-25s. Massively more than the F5 on which it is largely based.

kashifshahzad

Banned Member
Brit said:
Two R195s I think, basically the same as Su-25 but with afterburners. Iran already uses Su-25s. Massively more than the F5 on which it is largely based.
What do you mean by Basically the same i want to know whether it is indegnous or they have fitted those SU-25's engines into the new Plane

P.A.F

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Kashif, i don't really want to get into a long disscussion over why i've made an iranian air force thread. i just felt like it. If you wanna see pics of the US and western military then go to the Gallery. theres tones of pics there. And by the way i can't recall anybody saying that they where feed up of seeing the iranian forces. I'm sure members would look at this tread with great interest.

Come on Kashif. use common sense. do you really think Iran would just pack an old SU-25 engine into a newly made fighter . Obviously, Russia would have helped with much of the design and also the engines and avionics. I don't think the engine is made in iran.

kashifshahzad

Banned Member
P.A.F said:
Kashif, i don't really want to get into a long disscussion over why i've made an iranian air force thread. i just felt like it. If you wanna see pics of the US and western military then go to the Gallery. theres tones of pics there. And by the way i can't recall anybody saying that they where feed up of seeing the iranian forces. I'm sure members would look at this tread with great interest.
Sorry mate you can continus can you post what Iran has now in its Airforce inventory how much and which one.

P.A.F said:
Come on Kashif. use common sense. do you really think Iran would just pack an old SU-25 engine into a newly made fighter . Obviously, Russia would have helped with much of the design and also the engines and avionics. I don't think the engine is made in iran.
Shit i must have used the common sence yaar how can i know whether the engine is indignous or it is made with external help i thought that if they can make plane indignously then they might have capibility to develop their own cant the old SU-25's engine used in the plane :(
Just kiddng cheer up

Lulldapull

Banned Member
There are two possibilities about powerplants that were fitted into S-80's little arses!:D

First, Reverse-engineered GE J79 avaiable in IRIAF inventory. These beasts proved reliable during 8-years war against Neanderthal Saddam!! Then Western powers co-operated with their local allies in Gulf imposed weapon embargo against Iran! So that the Iranians imported as well as sent J79 and its accessories abroad, like Belgium notoriously for jerryriggin' similar stuff within NATO inventory to repair this; while locally thanks to ingenuity of Persians, they made spare-parts for J79 to keep huge Spooky fleet flying!:)Now using the similar expertise, Iran made a great progression by making a derivative (allegedly) of revised J79 to power its national pride, Sa'eqeh-80.

Second, the IRIAF acquired a brand-new jet engine from unknown foreign supplier since their Mullahs haven't declared haraam on Great Sataan-made military technology!:D Someday I read in IIAF forum mentioned claim made by a member that his unkal, an AF officer saw Sa'eqeh-80 and inspected it up-close-n'-personal and then finally found a reality: most of components (including avionic and powerplant) were foreign-origin!

That's all!!:vamp