India-Singapore air exercises 2004

XEROX

Found some pictures, i will post rest later

scanned picture of Royal Singapore Air Force F16 flanked by very larger SU-30s :)

please free to post some of your pics :)

A

Aussie Digger

I can't tell visually, but according to f-16.net Singapore operates a fleet of 62 Block 52 Vipers, (C/D models) and only 8 F-16 A/B Block 15 OCU aircraft. It would seem likely to me that Singapore would deploy Block 52 aircraft to India, but as I said, I can't tell from these photo's. Cheers.

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
Aussie Digger said:
I can't tell visually, but according to f-16.net Singapore operates a fleet of 62 Block 52 Vipers, (C/D models) and only 8 F-16 A/B Block 15 OCU aircraft. It would seem likely to me that Singapore would deploy Block 52 aircraft to India, but as I said, I can't tell from these photo's. Cheers.
I think they're probably 52's. IIRC their OCU's are twins. I doubt that they would be sending twins to India.

The other thing is the F-16 isn't one of their "specials". So they don't appear to have taken organic EW with them.

adsH

i doubt RSAF used any of its EW systems during the Exercise. this is the problem with these formal arranged Marriages , , beg your pardon Engagements!.

So does it matter if they were flying a 52 or 15 they would all fly the same way with the exception of some dissimilarities. IAF would probably had more flying time, flying against PAF F-16. i don't see how this would of helped IAF against PAF. i mean the War doctrines are different Pilots are different the EW, missiles and the locations are all different. this exercise was to satisfy a layman sitting at home sipping some morning tea while reading the paper. Granted IAF have gotten some valuable dissimilar Training Experience but i don't see how that would give them an edge over PAF, which was the original media point.

Ramjetmissile

Just to rectify the mistake of naming RSAF as Royal Singapore Airforce
actually RSAF stands for The Republic Of Singapore Airforce