Chinese HN cruise missile is attacking(picture)

Status
Not open for further replies.

supersugar

The first operational Chinese cruise missile is believed to have entered service in 1992, under the designation "Hong Niao-1 (HN-1)". Intelligence assessments appear somewhat fuzzy, but the information available indicates that it has a modest range and resembles the Kh-55, with popout wings, tail, and engine. Guidance appears to be similar to that of the TLAM-D, with INS, terrain following using a radar altimeter, and a scene-matching terminal guidance system. It can carry a nuclear, high explosive, or cluster munition warhead. Reports also suggest that an HN-2 version was introduced in 1996, with range increased to at least 1,500 kilometers (930 miles), and that an HN-3 with even more range is in development. Current versions are believed to be fired from truck launchers like the BGM-109G Gryphon, but using twin solid rocket boosters. Ship and submarine launched variants are in development.

Mod edit: Path: The missile in the picture is an American Tomohawk, not a Chinese cruise missile. Topic closed.

Last edited by a moderator:

doggychow14

i think the HN-2 was based off the undetonated tomahawks from the middle east that it was rumored china had acquired. I dunno much. Based on the pic(the low chance that it isn't psed), it looks like a tomahawk.

berry580

doggychow14 said:
i think the HN-2 was based off the undetonated tomahawks from the middle east that it was rumored china had acquired. I dunno much. Based on the pic(the low chance that it isn't psed), it looks like a tomahawk.
I think so too, pics like these that is claimed to be China's cruise missile has appeared like atleast a over a year ago.

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
It's a tomahawk - and they're even using the official US test photo shots.

I am so sick of these dodgey sites claiming to be new chinese weapons when they are other countries shots.

At least they didn't photoshop them. ;)

The best one is the 2208 firing a missile which is actually an ESSM test fire photoshopped onto the image.

Pathfinder-X

Tribal Warlord
Verified Defense Pro
gf0012-aust said:
It's a tomahawk - and they're even using the official US test photo shots.

I am so sick of these dodgey sites claiming to be new chinese weapons when they are other countries shots.

At least they didn't photoshop them. ;)

The best one is the 2208 firing a missile which is actually an ESSM test fire photoshopped onto the image.
GF, that news article was decribing U.S weapon systems in the first Gulf War. Apparently sombody mistaken it for a chinese cruise missile.

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
Pathfinder-X said:
GF, that news article was decribing U.S weapon systems in the first Gulf War. Apparently sombody mistaken it for a chinese cruise missile.
Thanks for the clarification.. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.