Beatiful airplanes + helicopters pictures

adsH

And by far the Best tech one too. Easy to maintain Modular Constructions last i remember. Principally LO craft with internal Weapons bay. Sad its been shelved for the Time being since the US Army has other pressing priorities and it didn't match up to the requirements of the current battle Field environment.

adsH

Yaah the improved AH-64 Apache would suffice. We Ordered the AH-64 Longbow the most Advanced Variant of the Apache. The UK MOD Had been developing the Longbow in collaboration with US.

Primarily this is how i see it. The US ARmy Has different views on modern combat teh USAF. They would rather have there birds Light up like twinkling bee with Enormous Fire power to suppress defenses and to be able to get the hell out of areas quicker. Rather than take the odd chance of eluding a Radar and appearing as a Fly on there screens and not have enough fire power to Effectively conduct a successful bombing run. The Comanche is newer in tech and i would reckon it still has some development time left on it plus there are other assets that can be effectively used for recon. Its Internal bays have limited space for weaponry. You need an Excess surge capability during war time which it wouldn't be able to provide. But its up time should be good enough to make any operator happy. It Has self diagnostic systems for detecting errors(At least i think it does). Grem should be able to fill in the Gaps or fix any errors in what i've said about the program.

Last edited:

aaaditya

but longbow does not have the kind of stealth as commanche , greater stealth iam sure would ensure greater survivabiity,i hope they resurrect the commanche project(it would justify tha amount invested in the project).:coffee

iceman_f15

commache was really a great copper !! the design and kind of sophistication it had !! its really sad to see that project was cancelled..US should have deployed them in small number for surgical strike where sleath is needed instead of great fire power !! it was really amazing machine!!

Tasman

Ship Watcher
Verified Defense Pro
but longbow does not have the kind of stealth as commanche , greater stealth iam sure would ensure greater survivabiity,i hope they resurrect the commanche project(it would justify tha amount invested in the project).:coffee
I'd also like to see this project resurrected. I guess the technology developed before it was cancelled will be applied to new projects but I would personally like to see the Commanche built because I think it had much to offer as an armed recce helo with stealth characteristics. I also really like the look of it! Much better and more steamlined, IMO, than the Tiger for example. :D

Cheers

rossfrb_1

I'd also like to see this project resurrected. I guess the technology developed before it was cancelled will be applied to new projects but I would personally like to see the Commanche built because I think it had much to offer as an armed recce helo with stealth characteristics. I also really like the look of it! Much better and more steamlined, IMO, than the Tiger for example. :D

Cheers
For me, the Comanche had 'the look'.

http://www.dix.army.mil/pao/Post04/post022704/ComancheProjectGrounded.htm

US 6.9 billion spent! makes the RAN seasprite project look like small change.
Still as the article mentions the technologies developed from the Comanche project could well be applied else where, can't really say that about the sprites :(

rb