Go Back   Defense Technology & Military Forum > Global Defense & Military > Military Photos & Videos
Forgot Password? Join Us! Its's free!

Defense News
Land, Air & Naval Forces

Military Photos
Latest Military Pictures

Miramar_14_MV-22_1965a.JPG

Miramar_14_MV-22_0358a.JPG

Miramar_14_GR4_1646a.JPG

Miramar_14_LF_0221a.JPG
Defense Reports
Aerospace & Defence

Recent Photos - DefenceTalk Military Gallery

Armidale class patrol boat - 3D model

This is a discussion on Armidale class patrol boat - 3D model within the Military Photos & Videos forum, part of the Global Defense & Military category; Hi, didn't you have to transfer the 3D model of the game ship simulator??...

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old April 16th, 2009   #31
Just Hatched
Private
No Avatar
Threads:
Hi, didn't you have to transfer the 3D model of the game ship simulator??
FouET.cz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2009   #32
Just Hatched
Private
No Avatar
Threads:
Smile The Model

Hi Octopus 7,

Great Model, I love it. Is there any chance you could send the model and/or pictures to me. I am reserching and your model would be perfect to allow me to take a close up look and stuff and the Patrol Boat.

Please Send to

Joel22@live.com.au
Joelskies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2009   #33
Just Hatched
Private
No Avatar
Threads:
Regarding the Fremantle and Armidale plans.

You would need to speak to Allan Pew at APS Models.

He sells the plans, the hull and many of the fixtures.

He is available on +61 2 4972 5825 or at

apsmods at bigpond.com.au

Be aware that as a commercial enterprise that he will sell you the plans, he will not give you the plans. That is how he makes a living.

He does plans in 1:72 scale for the Armidale and Fremantle Classes,

He does a 1:72 scale Armidale kit containing the hull, superstructure, deck, masts, doors, fittings etc. Price for the kit (including plan) is about AU$570.

He does a 1:48 scale Fremantle which includes the hull, fittngs and plans for around AU$600 and a 1:32 scale Fremantle kit including hull and plans for AU$200

Hope this helps

Unicorn
Unicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2009   #34
Just Hatched
Private
No Avatar
Threads:
Armidale class plans

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfitness View Post
I'm collecting info on the Armidale class with the aim of building a 1/50 scale radio controlled model. So far I have a good general arrangement drawing, and an excellent selection of photos taken by a visitor to HMAS Armidale on an open day in Sydney. What I don't have, and would love to obtain, are some frame profiles so I can make an accurate hull. Does anyone know where I could get that info? The GA drawing shows the side and top views very clearly, but there are no frame (cross section) drawings. Any help is much appreciated.

Peter.
Hi Peter,

I am looking for the same plans and photos of Armidale class. I have already build few model ships and building several new ones. I am able to draw quite accurate frames based on general arrangement plans - I did that for 4207 patrol boats built by Damen in Netherlands and few others (tugs, fishery protection vessel, container vessel).
Would it be possible to send the plans and eventually the photos please? If so, you will get for sure the frames after few weeks, when I draw them.
If you have also any dry dock photos, it could be helpful.

Thanks a lot.
Jiri (jsyrovat.ic.cz; youtube.com/jsyrovat)
jsyrovat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2009   #35
Just Hatched
Private
No Avatar
Threads:
Please Help

Hi Octopus 7, I would like to create a model just like yours and i am wondering how you went about it. Your model is so perfect and detailed and i was wondering how you achieved such a perfect finish. I have the application called Blender however don't have the plans to construct it.

I f you had any blue prints of plans could you please send them to me or if you used a different way to model your amazing piece could you please send me the details : )

My email adrress is Joel22@live.com.au

Please Help !

Thanks

Joel
Joelskies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2010   #36
Just Hatched
Private
No Avatar
Threads:
1/50 or 1/72 Armidale Class?

Hi,

I went through exactly the same issues with this vessel and decided to try a 1/50 - 1/48 scale as it would suit most scale ships I'm interested in. The hardest part was getting cross sections of the ship after emailing the builder I got a polite - No...

So I copied a 3 view into CAD and traced the outline of the side view and plan, then printed it out at 1/72 and 1/50 scale onto A1 and A0 paper. I then spent 3 weeks cutting up paper to make a rendition of the hull sections from the bow view (that I drew free hand) and from the several plan views off the net showing waterlines....

I think I got the hull about 90% correct so far. SO now I have a plan view in a very poor copy but legible just, a very good 1/72 plan and side view and a heap of hull sections of 1/72 and 1/50 scale.

So I will either make a ply and balsa hull or just go and make a fibreglass hull in either or both scales. I'm leaning towards a 1/50 - 1/48 scale as the details are bigger and there are more scale fittings available. The other major problem is the RIB's I have several similar drawings but none exaclty as carried on any of the Armidale vessels.

The whole project is on the back burner for a few more weeks till I finish my new hobby room - 5.8 m X 3.4m...

I have a 13m pool that acts as the test pond so a couple of out runners and 5 cell Lipo's should almost equal 25+ Kts...

I'll post some pictures of progress if you're interested?
ya33a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2010
johndonut
This message has been deleted by Preceptor. Reason: Apparent spam and multiple Nicks
Old October 19th, 2010   #37
Just Hatched
Private
No Avatar
Threads:
Great Work !!!
Shipwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2010   #38
Brigadier General
Threads:
I cant believe this thread is still alive!
Ozzy Blizzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2010   #39
Just Hatched
Private
No Avatar
Threads:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unicorn View Post
Regarding the Fremantle and Armidale plans.

You would need to speak to Allan Pew at APS Models.

He sells the plans, the hull and many of the fixtures.

He is available on +61 2 4972 5825 or at

apsmods at bigpond.com.au

Be aware that as a commercial enterprise that he will sell you the plans, he will not give you the plans. That is how he makes a living.

He does plans in 1:72 scale for the Armidale and Fremantle Classes,

He does a 1:72 scale Armidale kit containing the hull, superstructure, deck, masts, doors, ify this fittings etc. Price for the kit (including plan) is about AU$570.

He does a 1:48 scale Fremantle which includes the hull, fittngs and plans for around AU$600 and a 1:32 scale Fremantle kit including hull and plans for AU$200

Hope this helps

Unicorn
Sorry to intrude, but I need your help.....

Can you verify this email address (apsmods at bigpond.com.au) please,
I am interested in the armidale class, and would like to build a R/C model of it.
This is the only place I have found that specifically mentions a plan or a semi-kit.

Thanks in advance!
Grutok is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: