Anybody knows this prototype?

I got this off another defence website and was curious to know if anybody knows what this prototype model is called and if they have any more pics showing the different view? Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

tatra

Verified Defense Pro
Not a prototype!

BRADLEY M4 ARMOURED COMMAND VEHICLE a.k.a. M4 'Big Box' command and control vehicle. Its a US vehicle, a command post based on the Bradley/MLRS chassis. It has the same M987 basic chassis as the M270 MLRS. It was decided in 1999 to sell the existing small number of M4’s but in 2002 the US Army took them back into service. As far as is known, there were at least 25 examples produced.

A very similar vehicle is the GBCS-H, an EW station used for Communications Intelligence, Electronic Intelligence, Electronic Support and Electronic Attack.
a.k.a. XM1010 CARRIER, FULL-TRACK, ELECTRONIC WARFARE a.k.a. EFVS [Lit: Electronic Fighting Vehicle System]

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
http://www.jedsite.info/fulltrack/bravo/bradley_series/m4c2v/m4_003.jpg

I'm confused, the link you provide actually tells you exactly what it is.

"This is the M4 'Big Box' command and control vehicle. It has the same M987 basic chassis as the M270 MLRS. A very similar vehicle is the GBCS-H, an EW station used for Communications Intelligence, Electronic Intelligence, Electronic Support and Electronic Attack.

It was decided in 1999 to sell the existing small number of M4’s but in 2002 the US Army took them back into service. As far as is known, there were at least 25 examples produced. "

Last edited:

tatra

Verified Defense Pro
I'm confused, the link you provide actually tells you exactly what it is.
To paraphrase a line from a certain movie: "I see silly people, they are everywhere"

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks so much for that link.:) I'm very happy. I thank you all for helping me out. Boy, do I have another wonderful project of kitbashing/scratchbuilding this beast.:D

You all are a full of great info. You are the best.