Stalingrad Factory Diorama

Nick Nasta

Scratch made diorama using figures from various companies.
I found out later on after I finished this diorama that I was given the misspelled tractor sign.
I corrected it with a better sign but I have no photos of it with the new sign because I no longer have the diorama :(

Last edited:

Feanor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Looks awesome.

Just out of curiosity, did you research the factory prior to making this? Because I don't think those type of garage doors were used in the USSR... My grandfathers garage in town (along with the 34257632879456328794 other standard garages beside it) had two regular hinge doors like a gate. Same for the garage at his summer cottage. In fact never in Russia have I seen the type of garage door that opens upward, and folds.

Nick Nasta

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Looks awesome.

Just out of curiosity, did you research the factory prior to making this? Because I don't think those type of garage doors were used in the USSR... My grandfathers garage in town (along with the 34257632879456328794 other standard garages beside it) had two regular hinge doors like a gate. Same for the garage at his summer cottage. In fact never in Russia have I seen the type of garage door that opens upward, and folds.
Thanks Feanor and you are 99.99% correct regarding the front door.
I always research a project to death prior to creating a diorama.
I researched a bunch of Russian factories and downloaded a multitude of photos and found only one factory with that type of door which I thought was very interesting.
In the actual photo the door didn't look like a sliding door which I thought it was at first glance.
I should have the original photos in a folder somewhere so when I have a few minutes, I'll look again at the one of a kind door. lol.
Thanks again for your observation and glad you like my diorama.
Regards,
Nick