Go Back   DefenceTalk Forum - Military & Defense Forums > Global Defense & Military > Geo-strategic Issues > Military Books and Magazines

Defense News
Land, Air & Naval Forces

Military Photos
Latest Military Pictures
Defense Reports
Aerospace & Defence

What do you look forward to reading in the near future?

This is a discussion on What do you look forward to reading in the near future? within the Military Books and Magazines forum, part of the Geo-strategic Issues category; I plan on first procuring, as soon as possible, the book published by the Naval Institute Press, called, "By Order ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old May 4th, 2010   #1
Banned Member
Corporal
No Avatar
Threads:
What do you look forward to reading in the near future?

I plan on first procuring, as soon as possible, the book published by the Naval Institute Press, called, "By Order of The Kaiser: Otto von Diederichs, and the Rise of the Imperial German Navy, 1865-1902". There is also a 15(?) volume Encyclpaedia on the Indian Army, but the first three volumes is concerned with ancient Indian warfare. I would really like to see the diplomatic outlook of the Indian Army, and I would like to purchase the 15th(?) volume of the series. I am a patriot, because of the Indian Army. If I could, I would fight, before the Indian Army did. I would like the Army to commission a book on the Army Chiefs of Staff. and keep updating it. I have decided to purchase another book on an iconic personality of the Indian Air Force, Marshal of the Air Force Arjan Singh. In fact, I have set my sight on thirteen volumes of books, which I plan to purchase.
A.Mookerjee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2010   #2
Private
Threads:
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Mookerjee View Post
I plan on first procuring, as soon as possible, the book published by the Naval Institute Press, called, "By Order of The Kaiser: Otto von Diederichs, and the Rise of the Imperial German Navy, 1865-1902". There is also a 15(?) volume Encyclpaedia on the Indian Army, but the first three volumes is concerned with ancient Indian warfare. I would really like to see the diplomatic outlook of the Indian Army, and I would like to purchase the 15th(?) volume of the series. I am a patriot, because of the Indian Army. If I could, I would fight, before the Indian Army did. I would like the Army to commission a book on the Army Chiefs of Staff. and keep updating it. I have decided to purchase another book on an iconic personality of the Indian Air Force, Marshal of the Air Force Arjan Singh. In fact, I have set my sight on thirteen volumes of books, which I plan to purchase.
That's a solid list.

Like many people, my list remains long to.

I am currently finishing David Killcullen's "Accidental Guerrilla." After that, I really want to read "Manhunt" (about John Wilkes Booth). Then, I have a desire to read "The Influence of Sea Power on History." Lastly, I can't remember the name, but there is a new book about Theodore Roosevelt and his foreign policy with the navy. Throughout this list, I'll read up on current events and read any interesting reports released by RAND, CFR, CSIS, or NCAS.
huskerguy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2010   #3
Banned Member
Corporal
No Avatar
Threads:
I am currently reading, a book called 'Writer at War' compiled by Antony Beevor, on the diaries of Valery Grossman, the famous novelist/war journalist of the Soviet Union. The experience while reading this book, is priceless.
A.Mookerjee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2010   #4
Defense Enthusiast
Corporal
No Avatar
Threads:
well ,, right now i am reading and translating the book "War of Attrition"
cheers
Almaleki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2012
Rafoss
This message has been deleted by WebMaster.
Old February 15th, 2017   #5
Private
No Avatar
Threads:
I would like to read the book "How the weak win wars: A Theory of Asymmetric Confict" by Ivan Irreguin-Toft. I am interested to get know more about strategy and tactics of small countries against big ones such as A2/AD etc.
vldbzh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2017
ethan150
This message has been deleted by gf0012-aust. Reason: spamming and ignoring rules re posting

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: