What would be the best strategy to repel an DPRK invasion as the ROK.

M1Brams

Am playing a political military simulator called Supreme Ruler 2020 as the ROK in the year 2020 and this got me thinking. How best would it be to defend the ROK from any DPRK aggression, bearing in mind that the US may or may not deploy help to ROK?

What would be the best military hardware to procure as leader of ROK such as MBTs, IFVs , aircrafts or Navy?

I currently have deployed about 500 K2 Panthers currently and a number of K1A1s but the exorbitant unit price of each Panther is pulling my treasury down.

On the air side, i have about some F-15K Eagles, F-16Cs and some old F-4 Phantom Es.

Graniteknighte

My best advice as someone who has played SR2020 before is to gangrush the DPRK as the ROK and wait for the USA to come to your aid- They cannot hurt you if you have a bayonet to their neck while they sleep "safe" in their tents. Hit them fast, Hit them hard.

Bonza

Super Moderator
Staff member
Moved to intros and off-topic, as the question is gaming related. Cheers all.

Karchev23

Dealing with the DPRK

My best advice as someone who has played SR2020 before is to gangrush the DPRK as the ROK and wait for the USA to come to your aid- They cannot hurt you if you have a bayonet to their neck while they sleep "safe" in their tents. Hit them fast, Hit them hard.

Honestly the best way for the ROK to do it is just to Build up its defences. The ROK could in theory take on the DPRK but not without massive losses, let the DPRK smash itself into the ROK's defences, build anti aircraft defences so that North Korean aircraft cant take out reserves or Armoured units coming up the rear, Pumble them with artillery and Air attack, wait for the US and other Coalition forces to arrive ( Japan, Aus, NZ etc ). Then once you have enough troops and equipment lying around launch a campaign of shock and awe, Bomb the crap out of North Korean bases and land troops from the Sea and Air.

Thats just how I would do it...... unless China decided to have a go....

StrategyFTW

Honestly the best way for the ROK to do it is just to Build up its defences. The ROK could in theory take on the DPRK but not without massive losses, let the DPRK smash itself into the ROK's defences, build anti aircraft defences so that North Korean aircraft cant take out reserves or Armoured units coming up the rear, Pumble them with artillery and Air attack, wait for the US and other Coalition forces to arrive ( Japan, Aus, NZ etc ). Then once you have enough troops and equipment lying around launch a campaign of shock and awe, Bomb the crap out of North Korean bases and land troops from the Sea and Air.

Thats just how I would do it...... unless China decided to have a go....
Your first suggestions are good, but you have a couple flaws; 1. Japan cannot send military forces to Korea, its against their consitution to go to war unless attacked first. 2. China probably wouldn't go to war with SK, since they've built up extensive trade with them and if they did they could expect loss of trade from most of Asia and US. 3. Landing troops from either Sea OR air is more complicated than what you'd think. North Korean shores are constantly patrolled and if you landed troops you'd have a death trap or an all out fight for the beach. Airborne landings would be the most difficult because of the North Korean build up of AA systems and Fighters, plus the fact they'd be landing in North Korea with little or no support, but I suppose if things go right it could be a success, but don't forget to make such a airborne landing effective you'd need a division and it would take an extremely long time to get that division there.