Scavenger Hunt: Tips from military professionals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scavenger

Hello,

My name is Eric, I'm brand new to the forums. I am a US citizen, and have always been a big fan of the armed forces. I could never sign up because of a physical handicap I endured when I was a child, so I've been "stuck on the sidelines" so to speak. Anyway, as stated, I am a big fan of the armed forces to put it simply.

Let me say, before I enter the meat and potatoes of this post, I highly respect the men and women in the armed forces and by no means want to disrespect or "down play" their importance by connecting it with a "fun" event. I am seeking the expert knowledge of trained and experience military personnel, as I believe you are all the individuals who can help me the most with my questions.

So, there is a yearly Scavenger Hunt. The prizes are up to $7,000 per team. We have won 1st place in previous years (we donate the cash prize to a local charity, by choice). We have a 4 person team. The hunt takes place within a relatively small city (a city in the Northeast of the US, small meaning NOT New York or Philadelphia... think more like Baltimore,MD or Rochester, NY). We know this city extremely well. We are very secretive of our planning, so other teams will not learn from us or try to replicate our winning methods. We have handsfree telephone communication running for the entire 5-6 hour hunt. We separate into 2 teams (2 people and 2 people) to achieve goals. Sometimes 3 mini teams (2 people, 1 and 1). One team on car, one team on foot, one team on motorcycle. They present the itemized list of previously unknown goals at the beginning, these can include; find a fireman's helmet, find a grocery receipt from 2008, a photo of a team member on top of a specific tall building, photo of team at a popular landmark, etc. Anything goes.

I ask of you, is there any specific strategic methods to help us at improving our strategy?

Any overall suggestions?

Anything at all helps.

We love doing this hunt and take it seriously (maybe even too seriously?). We appreciate any expertise offerings you can provide.

Thank you for your time and for your service,

Scavenger

Status
Not open for further replies.