Go Back   Defense Technology & Military Forum > Global Defense & Military > Intros & Off Topic
Forgot Password? Join Us! Its's free!

Defense News
Land, Air & Naval Forces

Military Photos
Latest Military Pictures

F-35_launches_Joint_Strike_Missile.jpg

us-south-korea-drill.jpg

this-year-12700-us-troops-are-participating-alongside-many-more-south-korean-soldiers.jpg

the-us-routinely-dedicates-an-extremely-large-contingent-of-soldiers-and-marines-to-the-drills.jpg
Defense Reports
Aerospace & Defence

Recent Photos - DefenceTalk Military Gallery

The new members introduction thread.

This is a discussion on The new members introduction thread. within the Intros & Off Topic forum, part of the Global Defense & Military category; I am Mr Ignorant. I offer Ignorant views. I don't hope to make friends but to correct my Ignorance from ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old February 14th, 2009   #31
Defense Enthusiast
Corporal
No Avatar
Threads:
I am Mr Ignorant. I offer Ignorant views. I don't hope to make friends but to correct my Ignorance from time to time on this forum. Also, could someone please bust me down to Private ?!!! 2nd request already, and I have risen to Corporal.
Mr Ignorant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2009   #32
Lieutenant Colonel
Threads:
Just stumble in afther several posting, My name's Ananda and only another defence enthusiast, Indonesia by nation, Finance Industry by profession. Hope to learn more on what's new in defence related issue.
Ananda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2009   #33
Just Hatched
Private
No Avatar
Threads:
Just signed aboard. Retired U.S.Navy, semi retired forester/wildlife manager. Intend to run in passive mode picking up new information and opinions. Will be known as "woodsrunner".
woodsrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2009   #34
Just Hatched
Private
No Avatar
Threads:
G'day, I'm living in SA for the moment, but I originally come from a small town in the Northern Territory. Mum's a mixed-race, predominantly hispanic, yank, and dad's German/Irish/Welsh-Australian from a family that's been here since the first days of the country.
I'm currently seeking to enter the ADF as a Commando, and ultimately, become an operator in the SAS.
Territorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2009   #35
Super Moderator
General
Threads:
Welcome everyone.

Woodsrunner I noticed you're an ex-military. Please contact me or one of the other moderators in private so we can confirm your info. and give you the Defense Professional tag by your name. Thanks.

Mr Ignorant the forum ranks are completely pointless, and are linked to your postcount. They're there for fun. On this forum you are judged by the value of your contributions to discussion, not by your post count.

Everyone enjoy your stay and please do read the rules.
Feanor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2009   #36
Just Hatched
Private
No Avatar
Threads:
Hi! I am Snake Eater. I'm not a military professional, but I covered military conflicts in Chechnya, Ingushetiya and Daghestan as a journalist.
Not surprising that my special point of interest is Caucasia.
Hope to make friends here
snake eater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2009   #37
Private
No Avatar
Threads:
Hello all,

I am one of the few 16 year olds that I know interested in issues regarding defence on anything from the local, to global scale, my speciality is contingency plans for the repelling, and counterstriking of an invading force.

There are few scenarios that I can't think a way out of in a fairly short amount of time; I will be one of the USAF's own in a short two years and counting.

Looking forward to some intelligent discussions here.

Cheers on the site, it's one of the best organized, moderated, and varied sites I have visited. Looking forward to learning from professionals and hopefully expanding my rudimentary strategic abilities.

-Humanoid(Dan)
Humanoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2009   #38
Super Moderator
General
Threads:
Welcome guys. Good to have you here. Read the rules and enjoy your stay.
Old March 7th, 2009   #39
Just Hatched
Private
No Avatar
Threads:
Hello, 24 year old military enthusiast from the USA.

Been lurking around for couple of days and decided to jump in. See you in one of the threads.
AdvanXer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2009   #40
Just Hatched
Private
No Avatar
Threads:
Dropping in to say hi from Singapore.

I had 2.5 years of military service in a scout platoon of an armor battalion. Now waiting for my reservist commitment to end in a years time. Yeah

See U guys around.
xudeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2009   #41
Private
No Avatar
Threads:
Hi, i'm 16 and an Indian national currently residing in the United Kingdom. My interest in the military stems from my father's profession (he spent 16 of his 25 years in the navy commanding / xoing various different ships) and the resultant brainwashing i received as a child .

I found defencetalk while googling some military topic when i was bored. Naturally i am highly interested in issues specific to india and the many "friends" that it's surrounded with, but i'm also an enthusiast of scientific research leading to the development of futuristic weapons. As any gamergeek i look forward to the day of shooting a plasma rifle .

My political beliefs are staunchly humanist, but i'm also a firm believer in capitalism and its benefits - i think that the idea of a military is morally reprehensible, as it's an organization created spefically for the mass murder of other humans, yet i'm highly interested in the military . If you ever find yourself in a discussion with me, you'll find that i end up contradicting myself a lot

I've been reading through this site for a few months and never bothered to sign up. I've now taken the plunge and am hoping for warm water

Looking forward to learning from knowledgeable persons like eckherl and waylander, changing my viewpoints after reading through what that australian dude with a numerical name and an aussie kangaroo flag said, and ofcourse spreading confusion
Misguided Fool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2009   #42
Just Hatched
Private
Threads:
Hi,
I am 54, from the UK. I have written a number of books on armoured vehicles and have contributed to several Jane's publications and numerous other professional journals which cover defence issues.
I look forward to being a member of this site.

cheers
Marsh
Marsh Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2009   #43
Super Moderator
General
Threads:
Welcome to defencetalk guys. Read the rules and enjoy your stay.
Old March 29th, 2009   #44
Just Hatched
Private
Threads:
Hi everyone !
I'm new here. Read this forum for a long time now, and today I've a question, so first I introduce myself

I'm french so excuse my english which should be not that bad (at least I hope it will be understandable ).

I'm training to be a fighter pilot in the french navy. I already success a part of the tests, and I'm waiting for the next steps.

Thank's to the admin for their forum and see you soon online ! I'm running myself a military forum too, in french thought, about the French Navy.

Cheers.
FunkyBearz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2009   #45
Just Hatched
Private
No Avatar
Threads:

Hi:

Happy to join the forum. I do research at the U.S. National Archives and the Library of Congress focusing on the European Theater during WWII. I have a web site www.wwii-photos-maps.com where I display my collection of military archival maps, aerial photographs, and standard photographs--over
3,000 and growing daily.

If you have any questions regarding my web site or research at these
organizations feel free to email me.

John

P.S. the following information is provided to make it easier to verify my status as a veteran:

RA10893788
RVN December 1967 - December 1969
525th MI Grp
(supposedly 149th MAG, JTAD 25)
jccalvin is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: