Music Thread

mysterious

Now I've searched long enough and I can't find the music thread which was created a few months back; so here's a new thread on that. So what kinda music is everyone in to? I would give my choice again in this new thread, its all about Linkin Park!!! Anyone heard songs from the latest Linkin Park/Jay-Z Collision Course DVD? Just awesome mash-up of songs from the best of the best in rock and rap. :smokingc: For beginners, hit this link: www.linkinpark.com and enter a new era of mashed-up music!

srirangan

Banned Member
::: Rock Bands :::
Led Zeppelin
Nirvana
Pink Floyd

::: Singles :::
Eric Clapton
Jimmy Page
Robert Plant
Kurt Cobain
George Harrison
Eminem

::: Cooked Up Manufactured Music that sounds okay :::
Creed
Linkin Park (selective)
U2
Red Hot Chilli Peppers (selective)

Pathfinder-X

Tribal Warlord
Verified Defense Pro
I like soft pop and 70's disco music. Heavy metal rock music sound exactly like industrial noise to me.

BeeGees
Yanni
阿杜(A-Du, chinese singer)

Dislike:
50 cent
Godsmack
Marilyn Mason(Hate this freak)

That's pretty much all, I'm fairly neutral to other types of music other than heavy metal rock and freakish gothic singers.

P.A.F

don't know if you heard of him. but i like the remixs done of nusrat fateh ali. i also like arabic but i listen to mixed as long as it sounds good :D:

redsoulja

i like rap, eminem etc. i hate some rap like 50 Cent
i like some rock like creed, linkin park hate most other s though
like "weird al"
dont hav the time to elaborate

corsair7772

Verified Defense Pro
Metal Freak mostly, hate all the rap crap, and the hip hop and pop types. Metal, Rock and some types of techno but the others give me a head ache.

Dunno if you guys have heard this but for those who havent check out the Animatrix soundtrack. Changed my image of techno. (used to hate this type of music cause of all those crappy techno bands like Prodigy.)

In pop, Duran Duran is good but i listen to a few bands in this only.

SABRE

Super Moderator
Verified Defense Pro
Pathfinder-X said:
I like soft pop and 70's disco music. Heavy metal rock music sound exactly like industrial noise to me.

BeeGees
Yanni
阿杜(A-Du, chinese singer)

Dislike:
50 cent
Godsmack
Marilyn Mason(Hate this freak)

That's pretty much all, I'm fairly neutral to other types of music other than heavy metal rock and freakish gothic singers.
u said it bro. 70's, 80's & early 90's were the year of golden music.

Beegees r my favorite, they bring me to grove & make me dance. Was realy sorry when Morris Gibb died.

Also like ABBA. Dancing Queen, Angel eyes, Knowing me knowing u, Mamamia r my fav.

I also like MJs old songs b4 he became the freak he is 2day.

& there r many other countless songs sung by great singers.

Now days there r freaks like Marilyn Mason (wsup with the makeup?), Eminem (couple of songs r good though), Metalica (sucks).

-----Does some one like classical music of Bach,Mozart, Beethoven, Vivaldi etc. Now thats what we should start our day with. Extreamly good music.

mysterious

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
People, get hold of Eminem's new album, 'Encore'. It is amazingly hillarious! One of the songs is specially targetted towards Michael Jackson's recently alleged child molestation case and seriously, he really rubs it in. One song is all about nice 'butts' of newbie female singers that have come up like Hillary Duff, Jessica and Ashlee Simpson, etc. Then there's the famous one, 'Mosh' which was released at the time of US elections. :smokingc:

srirangan

Banned Member
Hmm imho Encore really sucked baad. It's Eminem's worst album yet, I like only a couple of songs (mockinbird and crazy in love) rest all were a suckfest. Just lose it and Mosh are good in video's especially Mosh, but the songs are blah.

A

Aussie Digger

I rather like the classics, you know Rage against the Machine, ("Guerilla radio's" pumpin whilst I'm typing...) some Soundgarden, Audioslave, Beastie Boys, a bit of Pearl Jam/Nirvana a bit of Chilli Peppers, some M&M, plus heaps of other stuff. I like to think I'm fairly open minded music wise, I even like some "old" stuff like the Doors, Led Zeppelin, some Credence (Renegades of Funk is playing now) and a bit of GnR...

mysterious

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
What's there to be shocked about Sri? Is there some 'law' that says guys cant like and/or enjoy music by female artists? I like Avril Lavigne songs (she's the bad-ass girl around), a couple of Ashlee Simpson and Sarah Mclachlan ones, not to forget Mariah Carey!

Apart from that, Nickelback, P.O.D, Metallica, Hoobastank are on my list (more to come). Junoon is there (Asia's biggest and most popular rock band!!), Strings, Jal, etc.

Last edited:

redsoulja

loloz i dont like avril,or ashlee
but i do like some jessica smpson songs,
i love mariah carey songs, especially that remix with Busta Rhymes "Baby if you give it to me", her voice is so beautiful...