Greece and Iran: The Sequel

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisjp

Everyone: As an ancient military history enthusiast, but also one who has curiously monitored present day Greek-Iranian relations, I would like to propose this scenario. With a debt ridden Greece now being pushed by the European Union to end its near total dependency on Iranian oil (Iran was the only country willing to sell to Greece on extended credit terms), and with Greece and Iran having signed a military cooperative agreement (presumably to counter mutual rival Turkey) a few years ago, many people would say Iran is in the catbird seat with regard to what they see as a one sided alliance. Just for the sake of argument, not that this would likely happen, but if these two countries ever came to blows, whom do you think would prevail? Would the Greeks repeat their victory of ancient times (a la the movie "300") or would the Iranians be too strong to handle this time? I welcome your insights!

PHySlCz

Banned Member
Why You all against Turkey, Turkey cannot be defeated by Greece & Iran !

Look the Iranian Air Force please ,look the Greece Air Force ,look Turkish Air Force ,most of them are American Aircrafts,how they will be atttack another ? Only Dogfights with GAU Cannons !

Pappa51

It looks as though I am getting into this a little late; however I just can’t believe that Greece would side with Iran in any conflict with Turkey. The Turks and Greeks have no outward love for each other. But I don't see the Greek people siding with the Iranians; Oil or not. the US is not going to let the Greek people get hug out to dry. The Iranians are not the trusting kind. And there are plenty of oil producing countries that would back Greece with oil purchases when backed by US credits. I don't think that I am blowing smoke here I have relatives in the diplomatic corps that work in the part of the world. Personally; I believe the Greek people would be better off getting out from under the EU's thumb. I can see them going to the US dollar for their currency to back up their debt. The USD is not the best right now; but then it's backed up by the Chi-Coms. LOL. Anyway, anyone that has done business with the Iranians sooner or later find themselves on the short end of the stick.

anyhow that's my look at the subject. Let me know what you all think.... I am not trying to ruffle any feathers out there. It's just my opiniion.:cool:

Why You all against Turkey, Turkey cannot be defeated by Greece & Iran !

Look the Iranian Air Force please ,look the Greece Air Force ,look Turkish Air Force ,most of them are American Aircrafts,how they will be atttack another ? Only Dogfights with GAU Cannons !
Interesting: but remember that a gun has never gone out to kill anyone. But a person can kill another person using a gun, or a jet fighter. and it doesn't matter who made the fighter or the gun.

I would like to believe that Turkey couldn't be defeated by Greece or Iran, But then we won't know until one of them tries. . . I hope that it never comes to that. Anyone who goes looking for war is a Fool.
Cheers

[Mod Edit: Necro-post. I hope you realise that you are replying to a member that was last banned for 3 months (and can't reply). Thread closed. Read the Forum Rules, in particular rules 3 and 15, before you share the same fate as PHySlCz (for failing to observe Forum Rules).]

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.