Funny Website for Stupid Forum Questions

sgtgunn

Defense Professional
Verified Defense Pro
Sick of people popping into a forum and wasting bandwidth by posting stupid, easily answered questions that they could have just googled themselves faster?

"What caliber is an M16?"

"How fast is a Leopard 2A6?"

"How many planes can a Nimitz class carrier hold?"

Etc.

Well someone came up with a great website to deal with these lazy cretins.

Let me google that for you

Simply type in the offending person's question, hit the button and a link is created which you can paste as a reply in the forum.

Let me google that for you

A lot of work just to make a point? Maybe, but I get a kick out of it. ;)

Adrian

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
Adrian,

Thanks. :)

I think many users are looking for that conversation that goes with the weapon they are trying to research. I can understand our frustration with answering same question over and over again but I don't blame the new guys for asking a question and looking for an answer.

There should be at least one thread for each one of these questions so when people do google it, they end up on DefenceTalk. ;)

Enjoy!

Waylander

Defense Professional
Verified Defense Pro
Maybe we can create a thread in every subforum for all the small questions. If a serious discussion erupts a mod could put the relevant posts into another thread but all the other small questions which can usually be answered by 1-2 posts get answered in the small questions thread.

By doing that we may be able to reduce all the new threads which become meaningless after 3 posts because the question is already answered.

Locarnus

That sounds like a theoretical solution to a practical problem, ;) no offense

Because the people too lazy to employ google/wiki search are even less likely to use a forum/thread search, to find the question in this thread.
And would most likely not even recognize this sticky/FAQ thread, because it is easier to just start a new one :).

Waylander

Defense Professional
Verified Defense Pro
Maybe, but in the end they would earn their first warning by ignoring the sticky thread...

And it would also benefit the other long time users. If I search for a special video of Leos in Afghanistan I could use the thread instead of opening a new one.