Discovery Channel documentary advice

Lisa

Hi all,

My name is Lisa and I work at a company called Oxford Scientific Films based in London, England. We are currently producing a one-hour documentary program for Discovery Channel US and Channe 5 in the UK.

We are interviewing some military personnel with stories that took place in the army in Afghanistan and Iraq in 2006 and 2007. We've been granted a go-ahead to embed in Afghanistan on an AF base to interview one of the soldiers along with interviews in Texas.

We are also trying to do a bit of re-enactment, nothing big, but just enough to help the soldiers' stories. I was wondering if any of you could help give some advice as to where I may be able to find some army vehicles (one humvee) and some military enthusiasts in the Austin or San Antonio regions that would like to help us re-enact these stories.

Many thanks and please feel free to email me with any questions.

Lisa

[email protected]

Gremlin29

Super Moderator
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
Lisa, you may want to consider contacting your local Army National Guard recruiters for assitance.

If you can travel to southern Indiana, the state has a large training center (MUTC = Muscatatuk Urban Training Center) Muscatatuck Urban Training Center (MUTC) > HOME that services all federal agencies and branches of the military. They have a public affairs POC on their home page. This facility actually has areas setup to look like areas of Iraq and Afghanistan. I'm sure there will be some red tape involved, but the costs would be limited and you could probably achieve nice results on a very limited budget.