A10 thunderbird/warthog Slats system

alentor

Hello,

I'm modeling right now A 10, and I cant figure out how its Slats system is working.

Can please someone explain me how the system functions, or even beter provide me photos/images/blueprints/diagram/video of the system in action, in all its different positions. closed/opened.

Thanks!

Im aware that this is my first post here. And I should be a little more light with my requests, its just that I cant figure how to its working, and how I should start modeling it.

the road runner

Hello,

I'm modeling right now A 10, and I cant figure out how its Slats system is working.

Can please someone explain me how the system functions, or even beter provide me photos/images/blueprints/diagram/video of the system in action, in all its different positions. closed/opened.
Here are basics for modelling slats/flaps.......the below link dose not work so just google "Secondary flight control system (A10)"

http://dcswiki.com/index.php?title=Secondary_flight_control_system_(A-10)

"The Fowler flap system"

Down and Dirty - Modeling Wing Lift Augmentation

A good reference book is "The Great Book Of Modern Warplanes"

Can you post some pictures of your model if possible,and dose it actually fly?

Regards

alentor

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Here are basics for modelling slats/flaps.......the below link dose not work so just google "Secondary flight control system (A10)"

"The Fowler flap system"

A good reference book is "The Great Book Of Modern Warplanes"

Can you post some pictures of your model if possible,and dose it actually fly?

Regards
No, it cant fly yet, as for now its just a rough model of the aircraft, as Ill be completing the rough shape of the aircraft Ill start adding details, and working on animation for every moving part, such as the flaps and slats etc. etc.. etc..., but for that Ill have to have a good understanding of how each part is working/functions , and a good rough shape. I cant model the wings without having a good understanding how the slats are mixed into the shape of the wings.

So basically Im stuck right now, I cant continue the model without fully understanding the shape of it.

Heres some screens.
Oww I cant yet post images so Youll have to copy it manually.

img687.imageshack.us/img687/7926/a10sc3e.jpg
img802.imageshack.us/img802/217/a10sc3m.jpg
img155.imageshack.us/img155/5291/a10sc2m.jpg
img842.imageshack.us/img842/2199/a10sc2e.jpg
img195.imageshack.us/img195/9628/a10sc1m.jpg
img18.imageshack.us/img18/3721/a10sc1e.jpg