Go Back   Defense Technology & Military Forum > Global Defense & Military > Geo-strategic Issues
Forgot Password? Join Us! Its's free!

Defense News
Land, Air & Naval Forces

Military Photos
Latest Military Pictures

F-35_launches_Joint_Strike_Missile.jpg

us-south-korea-drill.jpg

this-year-12700-us-troops-are-participating-alongside-many-more-south-korean-soldiers.jpg

the-us-routinely-dedicates-an-extremely-large-contingent-of-soldiers-and-marines-to-the-drills.jpg
Defense Reports
Aerospace & Defence

Recent Photos - DefenceTalk Military Gallery

What replaced SOSUS?

This is a discussion on What replaced SOSUS? within the Geo-strategic Issues forum, part of the Global Defense & Military category; With SOSUS now declassified and used for scientific research, what is now used, that we can talk about, for long ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old November 8th, 2011   #1
Defense Enthusiast
Sergeant
Threads:
What replaced SOSUS?

With SOSUS now declassified and used for scientific research, what is now used, that we can talk about, for long range detection of submarines, if anything? Someone tried to tell me we use Satellite detection now, but I am not aware of an real time ocean penetrating radar or other satellite mounted surveillance.

Also, SOSUS was never installed in the Pacific that I am aware of. Is this correct, or was it simply called something else?

I had read a little bit of AO-UWS which uses light waves to measure the sounds of a submarine through the water.
PCShogun is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: