Go Back   DefenceTalk Forum - Military & Defense Forums > Global Defense & Military > Geo-strategic Issues

Defense News
Land, Air & Naval Forces

Military Photos
Latest Military Pictures
Defense Reports
Aerospace & Defence

Trump signs 148b arms deal with Suadi Arabia

This is a discussion on Trump signs 148b arms deal with Suadi Arabia within the Geo-strategic Issues forum, part of the Global Defense & Military category; I will admit this is a good deal for the SA. Will like to know what training is involved with ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old May 30th, 2017   #16
Defense Enthusiast
Sergeant
Threads:
Modern weaponry

I will admit this is a good deal for the SA. Will like to know what training is involved with the deal? Getting all these nice weapons dont mean mean nothing if your own forces don't know the weapons from head to toe. The Saudis armed forces must be reorganized from the top to bottom. When you look at Saudi's forces with the equipment they got they should have destroyed Yemen forces.

Where is the young officer corps? The Syrian Armed forces have a few hard core leaders. Haven't heard or seen new or highly trained officers step up to the plate. Until the Saudis get away with letting everybody else do there dirty work they will away be the same incompetent force.
Old June 1st, 2017   #17
Defense Enthusiast
Lieutenant
Threads:
Quote:
Originally Posted by surpreme View Post
I will admit this is a good deal for the SA. Will like to know what training is involved with the deal? Getting all these nice weapons dont mean mean nothing if your own forces don't know the weapons from head to toe. The Saudis armed forces must be reorganized from the top to bottom. When you look at Saudi's forces with the equipment they got they should have destroyed Yemen forces.

Where is the young officer corps? The Syrian Armed forces have a few hard core leaders. Haven't heard or seen new or highly trained officers step up to the plate. Until the Saudis get away with letting everybody else do there dirty work they will away be the same incompetent force.
The LM CEO has detailed the deal in a pressers and added the deal could be worth an additional 28billion USD over the life of the equipment

http://aviationweek.com/defense/lock...udi-arms-deals
Old June 6th, 2017   #18
Defense Enthusiast
Corporal
No Avatar
Threads:
The $110 Billion Arms Deal to Saudi Arabia is Fake News

It basically confirms what I suspected. There is nothing solid. No contract. No commitment.

There has been too many "too good to be true" deals that ends up to be vaporware. This is one of those.
tonnyc is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: