Self Partition of USA...Is This Still a Crazy Thought ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ananda

The Bunker Group
Hi guys, just stumble an article from AFP talking about more noises now comming out for "the right of state partition themselves" as independent nation from US Central/Federal Government.

I know this's already around since the beginning of US, culminating on 1861-1865 civil war, and still there. People like Kirkpatrik Sale on South Carolina or Thomas Naylor from Vermont represent some movements in South and New England which demand self partitions. Off course there's still people in Montana, Texas, and others that hold grudges with Federal Government.

Even when I was in US more than 10 years ago during my schooling, the notion of seperation still come out time to time, but only attract the very 'fringe' of society.

Now according to the articles that those grudges increasing, Wheather related to the financial crisis or because Obama accendancy , considering some of the new grudges also comming from area that used to show strong support for Republican (not that I say Republican favor this view).

Look I know the questions even from me look ridicolous, but I just want some insight perhaps from US members from this forum whether this disatisfactions with the Federal Government somehow in future could crystelizes to something that are more serious.

Sorry if this somehow alreday discussed. I try to look from recent thread, and find none that talk about this issue.

Feanor

Super Moderator
Staff member
To answer your question: Yes, it is still a crazy thought. Locked pending moderator discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.