New major military powers

Status
Not open for further replies.

mexsoldier

after the 90's the united states got alone as the major military powers, but since the begining of this decade, new powers had rise like china and india, and others had been decreasing in their forces, like iraq, or russia (decreasing because russia doesnt have the power that had in the 80's), so, is in the world a new pole of power?, could asia became the next center of military development and power?, will china become an important competence to the US?

nero

australia

after the 90's the united states got alone as the major military powers, but since the begining of this decade, new powers had rise like china and india, and others had been decreasing in their forces, like iraq, or russia (decreasing because russia doesnt have the power that had in the 80's), so, is in the world a new pole of power?, could asia became the next center of military development and power?, will china become an important competence to the US?
. lookout for australia

australia is rising very fast in the military ladder

also be wary of france & Pakistan

China ia already a global power, nothing more needs to be said about it .

mexsoldier

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
australia

i'm not sure about australia, i mean, from where australia going to get soldiers, a country of 20 million people, could be a naval power, must be, australia have to protect their shores, australia has the resources and the technology, but in man power concern i don't thing is going well

ahussains

. lookout for australia

australia is rising very fast in the military ladder

also be wary of france & Pakistan

China ia already a global power, nothing more needs to be said about it .

I Still belive that Russians are still powerfull They have the Knowledge Expertise and Experience also they lacks in the funding Chinees are chasing them quite well india also make some good changes so these two new growing powers are booming under the russians, and Pakistani Military power is booming under the Chinees and French Militaries, Australians are also pushing the paddles .... but in a decade Russians will bounce back "Soviet Power Supreme" For Mother Russia

mexsoldier

yes, russia is powerful

yes russia is powerful, that country has enough military power to defeat france or the UK, but i think that they lack of enough money to continue support their inmense army, that was one of the reasons of the economic meltdown of russia in the 90's, how can you say im a strong country if your people is starving, although the situation is different now, could be a real nightmare if russia focuses only in the military, but yes i think kind of the same like you

LancerMc

India, China, Australia, Pakistan, and Iran are developing into powerful players in the world's militarys.

India, China, and Pakistan of course are dramatically expanding their capabilities due the tension and the region. With both China and India economies increasing their armed forces have expanded to meet the need to project power on a global scale.

Iran definitely wants to be the power house of the middle east in the next few decades. The only problem I could see if a major regime change occurred in Iran. There is significant unemployment in Iran's younger population. Frustration with the current regime could eventually reach a boiling point like it did with the horrible US backed regime in the 1970's.

Australia is significantly increasing it's spending to project power over South East Asia. With the growing power of India, China, and probably in the future of Indonesia their armed forces Australia needs to be able to defend itself against any possible future aggression.

mexsoldier

australia have a lot of things to do

yeah australia have a healthy economy that can make them to raise their military budget, but im still thinking that australia cannot make a lot against a massive attack by indonesia or china, but although there are no significant problems in the area, australia should begin a program in air and naval force, where australia can compete more, than a army, the situation of australia is more defensive than ofensive. australia should start something like an "oceanian union" with NZ and the surrounding Country islands, and with japan, the most near neighbor capable of give them technology support.

Son_of_rain

Russia is still have strong military, yes maybe it's not so big and modern like it was in eighty. But it still in danger can stand' even again USA.
And most of the countries which you mentioned here India and China use Russian weapons or modernizations of them.
Moreover Russia is seems to be starting an upgrade of its army, to become the superior not only on the land but also at sea (new navy forces program).
Yes China can take in amount, and Germany have quality.

rrrtx

I think when doing a comparative analysis of military power the key measurement is the ability to project power. The US is alone in having the ability to do so on any kind of scale. China, as large as it's forces are, probably can't even muster the capacity to successfully attack little Taiwan.

Which developing power has the amphibious/naval transport capacity and airlift capabilities to carry out large scale operations beyond it's immediate borders?

A

Aussie Digger

yeah australia have a healthy economy that can make them to raise their military budget, but im still thinking that australia cannot make a lot against a massive attack by indonesia or china, but although there are no significant problems in the area, australia should begin a program in air and naval force, where australia can compete more, than a army, the situation of australia is more defensive than ofensive. australia should start something like an "oceanian union" with NZ and the surrounding Country islands, and with japan, the most near neighbor capable of give them technology support.
Australia carefully measures the amount of military power we maintain.

Population wise we are fine, in WW2 for instance we maintained an Army over 400,000 strong with a population of roughly 7 million, so what could we do with 21 million if necessary?

We still focus predominantly on our Air and Naval forces to provide for our defence posture though our Army is getting some much needed improvements too.

We aim to provide a qualitative edge with our military over an likely adversary. In the current climate we have no actual threat and very limited potential threats. We have the economy and industrial base to do FAR more with defence than we do, but no Country (besides the US) has the capability to invade us and no Country in our region even has the capability to do us any real harm (besides China and her ICBM's, but firing THEM at us, is probably going to provoke the USA too).

As such we're fortunate enough to not need a large military...

XaNDeR

This topic is about new major military powers
In this case we talk about China and India who are modernizing very fast , and they have great economy , in few 20 years i belive they will be a strong major power , they are already a powerfull force within their boarders ..
If they keep modernizing fast and raising their military exp. they will be very powerfull in the next 30-40 years and can rival US and Russia..
There are other country's who are raising forces fast too but still far from beeing powerfull , if they keep it up they might suprize alot of people , for example australia as mentioned before..
Stop mentioning Russia , Russia is a old power , its not a new major power , they are still worlds number 2 power , Russia is not in 90's anymore where USSR collapsed , they have far improved the military since then , sure navy lacks some money but every year they get more , and their sea missiles are far superior to the west.

All in all , i think China and India have the most chances to raise as a really great global power in the next given 25-40 years .

T-95

This topic is about new major military powers
In this case we talk about China and India who are modernizing very fast , and they have great economy , in few 20 years i belive they will be a strong major power , they are already a powerfull force within their boarders ..
If they keep modernizing fast and raising their military exp. they will be very powerfull in the next 30-40 years and can rival US and Russia..
There are other country's who are raising forces fast too but still far from beeing powerfull , if they keep it up they might suprize alot of people , for example australia as mentioned before..
Stop mentioning Russia , Russia is a old power , its not a new major power , they are still worlds number 2 power , Russia is not in 90's anymore where USSR collapsed , they have far improved the military since then , sure navy lacks some money but every year they get more , and their sea missiles are far superior to the west.

All in all , i think China and India have the most chances to raise as a really great global power in the next given 25-40 years .
Why not Russia?? Russia's military technology is almost always better than American and western tech. In terms of AD systems, 4th gen fighters,long range strike fighters (Su-34,Su-30) ,tanks, A2A missiles(especially BVR) and ballistics missiles technology they are the very best. Their training isn't bad either. Plus their economy is growing at a pace of 16% a year or something (they're economy is second fastest growing major economy after China).

BRAVE

Come to Africa
I think what the africans lack in technology,they have in spirit.
If you're looking for military power that braves all odds when the chips are down,there's no other place but Africa.

I mean Nigeria

T-95

Come to Africa
I think what the africans lack in technology,they have in spirit.
If you're looking for military power that braves all odds when the chips are down,there's no other place but Africa.

I mean Nigeria
No African power can claim a title of major military power.

nero

Why not Russia?? Russia's military technology is almost always better than American and western tech. In terms of AD systems, 4th gen fighters,long range strike fighters (Su-34,Su-30) ,tanks, A2A missiles(especially BVR) and ballistics missiles technology they are the very best. Their training isn't bad either. Plus their economy is growing at a pace of 16% a year or something (they're economy is second fastest growing major economy after China).
No body discounted russia, for your information.

only people said that apart from russia there r other contenders as well.

take the example of malaysia for example. very quietly malaysia is building up a modern military, capable of taking on big powers like india & the whole south-east asia region. case in point is the acquisition of MKM air superiority fighter.

Grand Danois

Entertainer
Still pretty fast.
That's right. ;) Raw materials (including energy) account for more than a third of the growth rates since 1998 (the post-Sov low). Energy also accounts for 70% of the growth in industrial output (as value) since 1998. Very disproportionate when you consider how low that was, and probably more reflect the rise of energy prices, rather than increase in output.

The energy sector alone account for 25% of the Russian economy.

In other words: No customers, no money, no fun. ;)

Russian GDP is HUGELY affected by the price of energy on the export market. And of being able to export.

Last edited:

XaNDeR

Because this topic is " new major millitary powers "

Russia is a old major millitary power

Status
Not open for further replies.