Military industrial complexes - India or China?

Status
Not open for further replies.

drg

In terms of military-industrial complexes, which one is perhaps most efficient at R&D, as well as production, China's or India's?

tphuang

Super Moderator
In terms of military-industrial complexes, which one is perhaps most efficient at R&D, as well as production, China's or India's?
DRG, this is potentially a flaming thread. I've noticed that you started many threads in these forums. I think that you should read the forum rules before continuing.

Todjaeger

Potstirrer
DRG, this is potentially a flaming thread. I've noticed that you started many threads in these forums. I think that you should read the forum rules before continuing.
In addition to being a petrel-soaked haybale... :flame

R&D is one area where no accurate comparison can be made, unless one has the actual, classified info on what different nations are doing. And that is info not up to be shared on public forums, which leads me to believe that such an attempt would be an exercise in futility.

-Cheers

drg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
No not a flame

This is not a a flame,or petrol soaked haybale, this is merely a question from an amateur defence analyst who thought that there may be someone out there who has afully formed opinion on the capabilities of either or both nations and possibly comparative analysis regarding the time taken to produce certain projects.
There is enough open-sourced unclassified information on the internet to make quite a discussion of the subject.
This is rationality, not an atteempt at creating some immature nationalist-type rhetoric.

Todjaeger

Potstirrer
This is not a a flame,or petrol soaked haybale, this is merely a question from an amateur defence analyst who thought that there may be someone out there who has afully formed opinion on the capabilities of either or both nations and possibly comparative analysis regarding the time taken to produce certain projects.
There is enough open-sourced unclassified information on the internet to make quite a discussion of the subject.
This is rationality, not an atteempt at creating some immature nationalist-type rhetoric.
I wasn't referring to an attempt to start a flame war. Just that direct comparisons between two specific countries often (too often) devolve into flame wars, usually between immature and/or nationalist-driven people with agendas. As for something as broad as R&D effectiveness, I seriously doubt there is enough public domain info available to make an effective comparison. Most of the really interesting info is non-public, though attempts might be able to be compare specific systems. Though again, this can devolve in, as I've described it, a Brainania vs. Pinkieland debate.

-Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.