Just heard on the news

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lanz0r

Just heard on the news that some US Marines killed 15 people (inculding a 3 year old child) to avenge another Marine who died in a roadside bombing.

Cootamundra

Lanz0r said:
Just heard on the news that some US Marines killed 15 people (inculding a 3 year old child) to avenge another Marine who died in a roadside bombing.
And?

Are you unhappy about that? Or are you happy?

I saw the news too, in fact I see the news everyday. Right here in this forum we like to talk about issues, opinions etc....I'm pretty sure you haven't expressed one.

Personally I'm not at all happy to hear about this. I have a lot of respect for the US armed forces and the Marines in particular, however, I wonder if there is something in their training that 'unhinges' them? I ask that question as one of the most recent and vivid examples of soldiers gone haywire was during the Vietnam war. The Mai Li massacre as it's been referred to was also at the hands of US Marines. I understand that savagery is a key element of any effective armed force, and that the Marines excel in delivering controlled savagery BUT does something in their training push some of them to far. There is a great book about an imped journo working with one Marine Battalion, he marvels at their off hand nature around the dangers they face but also their brutalness which in some cases is un-called for. Obviously this issue is not limited to the US Marines, with the recent footage of British soldiers beating up teenagers show's....anyway...that's my opinion :hehe

Rich

I dont see what place this thread, or these opinions, have in this forumn. And isnt it strange how the world is so judgmental of how US troops act and yet is so quiet about the thousands of atrocious acts by terrorists and Dictatorships thru the years. Well what do you expect from a world which has, on the United Nations Human rights commision, such nations as Cuba, China, Congo, Ethiopia, Indonesia, Maylaysia, Nigeria, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Sudan........:rolleyes:

Besides if its on the news then it "MUST" be true:lol2

Status
Not open for further replies.