Joining 3RAR

shrub

recently a mate of mine has expressed interest in joining the australian regular army as a parashutist with 3 battalion royal australian regiment, so far my research to how this might be done has come up with nothing but dead ends so i was wondering if any one here who had been in 3RAR or may have had experience with this sort of thing could help me out, if you could it would be much appreciated:confused:

Supe

Your mate should look up defence recruitment on the web or yellow pages and contactADF directly to enquire about being a 'para'. I suppose with 3RAR going mechanised, he might have to look at 4RAR? At any rate, recruitment could answer these questions.

old faithful

The Bunker Group
Verified Defense Pro
re-joining 3RAR....to the best of my knowledge,theere is no direct entry to any of the RAR except maybe 4RAR. you have to join the Army first, ask for Infantry as your primery corp preference, go through traing at the infantry centre,do well,and select which BN RAR you want, but no guarentee you will get your first preference,reos go where they are needed! good luck.