IZHMASH on the verge of bankruptcy!

Tavarisch

Kalashnikov faces bankruptcy - The Globe and Mail

The article gave me a shock, or maybe I've been away for too long. It's sad to see Izhmash go. If it does, then who's gonna make all the AKs for Russian Ground Forces or even the entire Defense Ministry? Let's not forget the Interior Troops of the MVD and Border Guards... Are they gonna be forced to buy from China instead? (It would be ironic, Chinese copies and counterfeits of the gun are one of the reasons why Izhmash is having this problem)

If this is to happen, Russia will have an even darker future for it's armed forces. With the way things are going, it's already bad enough.

Mr. Kalashnikov should've put a patent on the thing...

Feanor

Super Moderator
Staff member
There is a patent that other countries are just ignoring. IzMash will not be allowed to actually go under, that I can practically guarantee you.

Ryan UK

Well one solution would to be for them to start pumping out the AK 100 series and for Russia to adopt the series as its main rifle. Replacing all those AK 74s would bring a nice cash sum for the company.

Unfortunately I don't see that happening :(

Feanor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Actually I wouldn't put it past the current government to do something along those lines.