Which institutions will react on alien invasion?

LedFarmer

Hello!
It's just curiously interesting - which institutions will be the first who will react on alien invasion! I'm guessing - first NASA (they are the ones who will spot smth. out of ordinary and then pass on the intel! But to who? Directly to the department of defence?) It is clear that the last one will be the minstry of defence... however maybe You could throw a light on this one!

Thank You in advance!

Marc 1

Defense Professional
Verified Defense Pro
M.I.B. (Men In Black) of course! Stay current LEDFarmer (there's a pun in there somewhere - current - LED) that documentary movie was released in 1997:rolleyes:

Ozzy Blizzard

Hello!
It's just curiously interesting - which institutions will be the first who will react on alien invasion! I'm guessing - first NASA (they are the ones who will spot smth. out of ordinary and then pass on the intel! But to who? Directly to the department of defence?) It is clear that the last one will be the minstry of defence... however maybe You could throw a light on this one!

Thank You in advance!
NASA would detect them first, the military would be the first to take action. WE don't have the capability to weaponize interplanetary space, so beyond detection there isn't much NASA could do to help. Probably a ICBM strike in orbit and then ground forces to form some sort of resistance. But i don't think we would have much of a hope. Anyone who controls orbit controls the high ground, not to mention the massive technological advantage they would enjoy.

Ananda

The Bunker Group
Hello!

Thank You in advance!
Just to clear this up, alien in here means allien from outer space or allien from outside the border
From latter case i think the answer is clear, The Departement of Homeland Security off course ;)
If the first case, then why bother..earth will be conquered anyway, nobody can do anything if all satelites in the orbit is down. And who can defend them selves if there's allien ray gun already possition directly above our head..no Missiles defences can do anything anyway..

It might just well joined the Elvis fans club who think the King of Rock already with the allien right now :D

Rayna

Well considering first of all, they have been unable to find any planet in our solar system that can sustain any life (eg bacteria) let alone intelligent life hugely unlikely and then having intelligent life that has the ability to do a long distance travel to our planet where they can do a fair assessment of what they need to invade us and then act it out is even more unlikely.

Of course there are many many galaxies, solar systems, suns and planets out there but some are on a minimum of a billion light years away. We have never been able to research them and probably never will be. So it could be possible that we aren't alone in this universe but there could maybe just be planets full of bacteria or even bugs but lets take the idea that there is other planets out there with intelligent life capable of going into space. There is no such thing as a stargate or warp speed so for them to even realize there is life on this planet (the star they would see us as, would be what our planet looked like a billion years ago. They would technically be looking back at us with a telescope) and for them to get here in any less than that billion years wouldn't be logical.

But if I play by this thread and there is an Ailen invasion we don't need no government departments. Mel Gibson, Will smith and the President of the United States will save us all :p aka Hollywood. If they did it in movies they can do it in real life.... Right?

Last edited:

dragonfire

There are other agencies/progs like the NSA, NRO, S.E.T.I which will be alerted to such a presence, that is assuming that it's an armada coming in for the invasion, if thier objectives is the destruction of earth as compared to the destruction of humankind then the methodology will change, in the first case a single ship/vessel/transport will be enough - a species which has mastered the techniques of faster than light travel will be able to destroy the earth with their "planet killer" ordinance, come set it up and light up the solar system with big boom :)

In that case detection will probably be not too easy, in the second case am sure everyone will be woken up(if sleeping as is usual in movies) all DoD, MoD's, heads of millitary, heads of States, all responsible agencies like CCS, emergency/disater relief systems will go active,The UN Security Council will convene for emergency meeting, so will def alliances like NATO etc, missile groups and anti-missile shields will go active the US will be on DEFCON 2/3 etc

I would wait for getting a ray gun on my hands ala Mars Attacks :D