I need help with enlistment please read

WarHorse421

So I have wanted to be a military man my whole life. It is what I want to do. Now on to the problem, in highschool i ran with the wrong kids an now I have a long list of misdemeanor charges. Nothing serious MIP'S paraphernalia marijuana petty theft and not having a park sticker and theft. I am almost done with college (paramedic) and I'm almost retain the us forces won't take due to the charges and the fact their shrinking. I'm conspiring the French foreign legion what are my chances? I really want to serve under a military enough to get into PC work. Please all serious advice will be GREATLY appreciated.:confused:

RobWilliams

Super Moderator
Staff member
So I have wanted to be a military man my whole life. It is what I want to do. Now on to the problem, in highschool i ran with the wrong kids an now I have a long list of misdemeanor charges. Nothing serious MIP'S paraphernalia marijuana petty theft and not having a park sticker and theft. I am almost done with college (paramedic) and I'm almost retain the us forces won't take due to the charges and the fact their shrinking. I'm conspiring the French foreign legion what are my chances? I really want to serve under a military enough to get into PC work. Please all serious advice will be GREATLY appreciated.:confused:
You'd be better off going to your local AFCO and talking to them about it rather than asking on here bud, in terms of getting the exact info you want up-to-date.

USAF77

Banned Member
36 years of wearing either a military or Police uniform, plus having a son on delayed entry for USAF, and I can tell you your chances of getting into USAF are about 0. However.....

Much depends if you had convictions for these charges. It sounds like none of them are felonies, which is big. And they dont paint the entire picture of your character. What Im saying is dont count yourself out of US military service yet. All kids make mistakes. All of us have. The problem with USAF and the USN is the need for "S" and "TS" clearances due to the "special" mission of both forces. There is as much honor in service with the army or USMC as well.

Dont be so hard on yourself, Go talk to recruiters and get the facts. Whatever you do dont lie about anything. You made some mistakes. Take responsibility , be truthful, And good luck.

My generation of Police Officer wasnt so quick to hammer young kids with arrest numbers for minor offenses as these younger guys are. Then again I work in a shooting gallery and we have other priorities. But young kids make mistakes and we dont like seeing lives ruined for minor ones.

Cadredave

The Bunker Group
Verified Defense Pro
36 years of wearing either a military or Police uniform, plus having a son on delayed entry for USAF, and I can tell you your chances of getting into USAF are about 0. However.....

Much depends if you had convictions for these charges. It sounds like none of them are felonies, which is big. And they dont paint the entire picture of your character. What Im saying is dont count yourself out of US military service yet. All kids make mistakes. All of us have. The problem with USAF and the USN is the need for "S" and "TS" clearances due to the "special" mission of both forces. There is as much honor in service with the army or USMC as well.

Dont be so hard on yourself, Go talk to recruiters and get the facts. Whatever you do dont lie about anything. You made some mistakes. Take responsibility , be truthful, And good luck.

My generation of Police Officer wasnt so quick to hammer young kids with arrest numbers for minor offenses as these younger guys are. Then again I work in a shooting gallery and we have other priorities. But young kids make mistakes and we dont like seeing lives ruined for minor ones.
This is solid good advice mate dont underestimate what you are doing at college (paramedic) it shows that you are trying hard, go talk to the recruiters you wont know unless you try.

Good luck "ONWARD"

CD