How Can We Help Japan's Defense Needs (ASAP)?

metro

I haven't seen anything about this posted, but yes, it is serious.

I was in favor of selling F-22s to Japan, but I didn't realize the scope and nature of their threats. The F-22 isn't the answer and I can't think of anything else right now... I'm still trying to process this!
Anybody have any thoughts? [First] Aid package?

http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/dy/national/20071221TDY02305.htm

SDF ready for Godzilla, but not for aliens
The Yomiuri Shimbun

Defense Minister Shigeru Ishiba on Thursday admitted to reporters that he was unsure about how the Self-Defense Forces should respond to an attack by alien spaceships, adding his two yen's worth to the debate over UFOs within the government.

The government, responding to an opposition lawmaker's question, has given its official view that it has not confirmed whether UFOs are piloted by aliens. While Chief Cabinet Secretary Nobutaka Machimura later indicated that he believes UFOs are of extraterrestrial origin, Prime Minister Yasuo Fukuda said the same day he has yet to see one.

"If Godzilla came to the country, we could dispatch the SDF on a disaster relief mission," Ishiba said at a press conference after the Cabinet meeting Thursday. "But if UFOs fly here, it would be difficult to regard them as violating our airspace as they can't be categorized as coming from a foreign country."

"If it happens, we should take defensive measures," he added, warming to his theme. "But if UFO occupants tell us [earthlings] we should try to get along with one other, we wouldn't be able to treat it as an armed attack."

(Dec. 21, 2007):eek:nfloorl:

kato

The Bunker Group
Verified Defense Pro
Clearly they need the Kacho Oji John Sykes.

(ok, that's such an insider about no one here will get it :mad:)

Waylander

Defense Professional
Verified Defense Pro
Ok, out of the Godzilla movies I learned that they have these lovely laser tanks.

Thta's a man's toy. Just build more of them!!! :D

Grand Danois

Entertainer
Alright, what type of 120 mm ammo would you use to take down Godzilla: HEAT, APFSDS, HESH (it could be a rifled gun) or other?

What would you aim for?

Schumacher

I haven't seen anything about this posted, but yes, it is serious.

I was in favor of selling F-22s to Japan, but I didn't realize the scope and nature of their threats. The F-22 isn't the answer and I can't think of anything else right now... I'm still trying to process this!
I'm not sure, the F-22s gave the Decepticons some headache. I'm sure it'll be useful against Godzilla as well.

Waylander

Defense Professional
Verified Defense Pro
Defenitely APFSDS.

Go for the heart or brain and you lay it down in no time.

Remember the bad Hollywood Godzilla movie by Roland Emmerich?
I hatted to see it.
Really every big gun missed it.
I just wanted to see the effect of one 120mm APFSDS/HEAT or better a 155mm HE with full load...

F-15 Eagle

I know Japan will not get the F-22 because of a law from the U.S., but they should strive for the F-35 in my opinion to counter the threat from China and North Korea that they face. The F-35 will be a huge upgrade for the JASDF.

Last edited:

Waylander

Defense Professional
Verified Defense Pro
Godzilla is a Chinese and North Korean controlled slave?
That even further complicates the situation.
Thanks for the news...

Maybe we could send some of our secret Reichsflugscheiben to Japan which we hide for exactly such an ermergency. :D

contedicavour

Lol this thread's gone crazy :D

One must admit that the Japanese MOD is brave to use a UFO threat to justify extra defence spending !!

cheers

Ozzy Blizzard

A pair of 2000lb paveway II's in his eyeballs!!!(that would ruin anyones day), or maybe even a MOAB???

if all else fails, nuke the barstard! 200kt yield should do it... :nutkick

F-15 Eagle

Japan spends so little on defense. Shouldn't they help themselves more? Or at least pay for the help?
Yeah you'd think they spend more on defense, but no they have to stop themselves from becoming a military superpower because they think there a threat to the would as if they think they are the enemy, and not the Chinese or North Koreans. WWII ended over 60 years ago, they need to get past that part of their history.

Transient

Maybe they should build Mecha-Godzilla?
What happens if Mecha-Godzilla interfaces with Skynet? Then Japan would face Terminator-zilla. Or what happens if ol'Godzilla gets horny and starts humpin' the mechazilla? That'd would just be wrong on so many levels.

eaf-f16

Yeah you'd think they spend more on defense, but no they have to stop themselves from becoming a military superpower because they think there a threat to the would as if they think they are the enemy, and not the Chinese or North Koreans. WWII ended over 60 years ago, they need to get past that part of their history.
I think the Americans forced them sign a WW2 treaty that made them unable to spend more than 1% of their GDP on defense.