Greetings

Worthyone

There doesn't seem to be a General Discussion area here so sorry for shoving it on here...

Don't know if any of you guys hang around on Key Aviation's forums, if you do you should know me (and are right now probably thinking "Oh Maud no not him!!!" :D )
Just wanna say your doing a great job with the forum, stumbled upon it when I was searching for pic's and I must say I am very impressed!!! This has the best Army ground forces pic's I have come across, for ex. I have been hunting high and low for Finnish and Turkish tank pic's and guess where I found them??? HERE!!!
So well done and keep up the good work!!! ;)
Look forward to speaking to you all soon.........and what on Earth is this guy meant to be doing??? :dance2

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
:)

Welcome to DefenceTalk! Glad you found us.

Thanks to turkish and finnish members who helped upload great stuff from their armed forces and it is only getting better with 15,000 pictures fast approaching!

Don't forget to tell your friends about DefenceTalk and if you have any questions/concerns, feel free to contact me.

Enjoy!

Gollevainen

the corporal
Verified Defense Pro
When I first noticed your name worthyone I really toughted "NO not him!!!" :duel ;) :cheers

But seriously what particular finnish tankpics you have in mind? I can try to find some for you....

(If only i've had a digicam or mobilephone with cam I would have lot of material to snap as I live in the city where the sole amoured brigade of us is residenting)

Worthyone

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
OH NO, THERE REALLY IS SOMEONE FROM THE KEY PUBLISHING FORUMS!!! :p:

How you doing Gollevainen, well I found the pic's of the Finnish Leo 2 (which I had no idea Finland even operated, can you fill in some details on the dates you guys got 'em?) I also found the Finnish T-72 pics, always had a thing for the Finnish T-72.
If you have any pic's to post yourself that would be great, as well as any other Finn Army pic's of course. A great army that nobody really hears much about...you guys keep too quiet way up there (Scandanavia I mean :) )

Hope to hear from you soon and thanks for the welcome Webmaster :)

Gollevainen

the corporal
Verified Defense Pro
Well I'm doig just fine thankyou.

We bought the LeoII in 2005 (it was actually quite a suprise to me too) as a seccond hand from Germany. Decision was made in 2004. I personally have bit mixed feelings towards them. First the aqustion was just another part of bigger "NATO-comparable" finnish army which I personally don't like. The tank itself isen't regradless of it being one of the best that there is a suitable for our doctirnes and conditions. In the same time when we bought these "cats" our armourdoctrines changed that nowadays our tankfleet is disperended for independent battalions which task is to support the infatry. This is in my obinion a bad mistake as it pretty much takes our tankdoctrines bakc to the pre-WWII era. But as the doctrine is what it is, a T-90 or modernisation of the T-72 fleet would have been more cost effective and the smaller russian tnak would suite better for our woods.

I try to trawl a collection of pics form the finnishspeaking net...