Greece vs Turkey possible conflict scenarios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark

Any military experts here who can give ideas of a possible conflict?What will be the outcome of a war and what will other countries do?I would like to hear your opinions.

SABRE

Super Moderator
Verified Defense Pro
I dont see any possible future war between the two. The EU to against preamptive strikes and considering that EU is a big market for alot of countries, they would not like sanctions from them. For Turkey it is in even more importent not to make the 1st move, since its trying to find its way into EU.

contedicavour

SABRE said:
I dont see any possible future war between the two. The EU to against preamptive strikes and considering that EU is a big market for alot of countries, they would not like sanctions from them. For Turkey it is in even more importent not to make the 1st move, since its trying to find its way into EU.
Agree, there is too much at stake, and the EU and especially NATO are there to preserve an equilibrium of sorts... The 2 current governments also seem to be on friendly terms (at least if compared with the past). Even the armed forces seem to have a lower priority now, with both countries having reduced budgets for military procurement in the last years.
Both navies are procuring some new submarines and some new small corvettes, but the DDG-AAW programmes are suspended. Both air forces are also pausing a bit, although Typhoons have been selected by Greece.
All this is very reasonable, especially as both countries already have impressive armed forces and continuing a procurement race would only wreck the overall budgets...
How about focusing on creating/strengthening units deployable in UN or NATO missions ? You would even end up seeing those 2 countries collaborating side by side, which would be useful since in Western Europe we're so short on budgets that we'll have to reduce overseas missions :(

cheers

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.