Global War

cavalrytrooper

Across the Atlantic they were already at war when the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor. The United States declared war against Japan and later Germany. The US supplied all of the allies and together won the war. We are now experiencing a recession, 9/11 was our Pearl Harbor. They're in reverse order. The US went to war in Afghanistan agains the terrorist and ran them out of the country. The soldiers became occupation troops. The enemy started comming back. Now it's like hell in Afghanistan. The war in Iraq in my opinion was bogus. I think oil was the reason for that war. The troops kicked the crap out of the Iraq forces. After the heavy fighting was over they became occupation troops and the started to have trouble with insurgents. Things are pretty well under control, they have a government and the have their own military forces. The plan is to start pulling troops out of Iraq. I think that when the troops are gone the insurgents will launch a major offensive, probably aided by Iran. Iran has launched a missile that can reach Israel and even eastern europe. Having said all of that I feel we are due for another global war. I've actually been expecting it since the millenium. I also think it will start in the middle east. They may not be ready or they are waiting for the right time. If some one has already had this thread I'm sorry. I just wanted to get it off my chest. These are things I've thoughdt about for a while now. I'm just waiting.

StevoJH

The Bunker Group
In a way it has already started, with most of Europe supporting the US and Canada in the war on terror. However an actually war between Nation States such as china and Russia versus NATO and their allies would be suicide for those two countries. Even after the drawbacks at the end of the cold war, the NATO countries and their allies have bigger airforces when combined (the US alone has more fighter aircraft then Russia and China combined). The NATO navies are larger and more potent then their enemies.

The NATO armies are smaller, however they are more technologically advanced and can be rapidly increased in size through the callup of reserve forces. France, Germany, the UK and the US particularly fall into this category.