German reaction after IED

Oce

I found this video and was surprised by the reaction (cool/professional) of the german soldiers.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ye0lWwAiydE]YouTube - IED on German Soldiers in Afghanistan[/ame]

Grim901

Just because their government won't let them into the real warzone (Southern Afghanistan) or take the fight to the enemy doesn't mean the German soldiers aren't professional troops. They react as any well trained soldier does.

kato

The Bunker Group
Verified Defense Pro
Standard procedure. Nothing special, happens every week or so these days.

Recap of Audio after explosion:

Crew: close close close (hatch/covers presumably)
Crew: come on pull back pull back (to driver)
Radio (Two): IED - push through push through
Crew: ah stop (to driver)
Radio (Two): evade please - can you evade?
Radio (other): should be alright
Crew: we're behind it, those behind it too right?
Radio (Two): good, we're pushing through to Donau, gather at Donau. Two End.

"Crew" is always the same person. "Other" is either the crew of the hit vehicle, or the one behind it from the context.

Oce

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Just because their government won't let them into the real warzone (Southern Afghanistan) or take the fight to the enemy doesn't mean the German soldiers aren't professional troops. They react as any well trained soldier does.
i think you get me wrong....

normaly if you watch this kind of videos the crew seems to be overwhelmed by the situation.

but these guys :smooth:

teldan09

wow..

these guys surely stayed calm....

========
best defence archives and open source intelligence
defense-archive.teldan.com

Falstaff

i think you get me wrong....

normaly if you watch this kind of videos the crew seems to be overwhelmed by the situation.

but these guys :smooth:
Well you know what they say, in those situations you always fall back to the lowest level of your training. And the German soldiers that go to Afghanistan and do patrols are certainly very well trained. I don't want to know though what happened afterwards with these guys. Long queue at the toilets, I guess ;)