Former CIA Analyst Says Iran Strike Set For June Or July

Status
Not open for further replies.

hollywood

Banned Member
Former CIA analyst and Presidential advisor Ray McGovern, fresh from his heated public confrontation with Donald Rumsfeld, fears that staged terror attacks across Europe and the US are probable in order to justify the Bush administration's plan to launch a military strike against Iran, which he thinks will take place in June or July.

Appearing on The Alex Jones Show, McGovern was asked about the timetable for war in Iran and said that behind the diplomatic smokescreen, the final chess pieces were being moved into position.

"There is already one carrier task force there in the Gulf, two are steaming toward it at the last report I have at least - they will all be there in another week or so."

"The propaganda has been laid, the aircraft carriers are in place, it doesn't take much to fly the bombers out of British and US bases - cruse missiles are at the ready, Israel is egging us on," said McGovern.

McGovern said Iran's likely response to a US air strike would be threefold - mobilizing worldwide terrorist cells that would make Al-Qaeda look like a girls netball team - utilizing its cruise missile arsenal to attack US ships and sending fighters into Iraq to attack US forces.

"The Iranians can easily send three divisions of revolutionary guard troops right over....the long border with Iraq," said McGovern, stating that the local Sunni population of Iraq would welcome such an invasion.

The turmoil caused by such an action would lead the US to tap its so-called 'mini-nuke' arsenal said McGovern, opening a new Pandora's box of chaos.

McGovern highlighted President Bush's all time record low approval ratings as a reason for launching an attack on Iran to again whip up false patriotic fervour.

"I can see Karl Rove saying, 'look what you need to do is become a war president again, get us involved with something pretty big here and then strut around and say you can't vote for a bunch of Democrats to pull the rug out from under me while there's a war going on'."

Tasman

Ship Watcher
Verified Defense Pro
Former CIA analyst and Presidential advisor Ray McGovern, fresh from his heated public confrontation with Donald Rumsfeld, fears that staged terror attacks across Europe and the US are probable in order to justify the Bush administration's plan to launch a military strike against Iran, which he thinks will take place in June or July.

"
I don't believe this is the right place for what seems to me to be a political issue. Read the statement above that says "No Politics".

hollywood

Banned Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
hay tasman

I don't believe this is the right place for what seems to me to be a political issue. Read the statement above that says "No Politics".
Read the title of the post, then read it again There was no politics.
Critical thinkers analyze and refine ideas underpinning the foundation of American defense policy and military strategy today so the defense community can apply them in strategy and force development. This is an ongoing process: new ideas emerge, are tested, and adopted, revised, or discarded.And im one of the big thinkers of today

Tasman

Ship Watcher
Verified Defense Pro
Read the title of the post, then read it again There was no politics.
Critical thinkers analyze and refine ideas underpinning the foundation of American defense policy and military strategy today so the defense community can apply them in strategy and force development. This is an ongoing process: new ideas emerge, are tested, and adopted, revised, or discarded.And im one of the big thinkers of today
Are you suggesting that there is some sort of conspiracy whereby the US will stage attacks and blame them on Iranian backed terrorists or have I misunderstood your post? Did McGovern actually say this on 'The Alex Jones Show' or are you reading this into the other things reported?

What are the military consequences for what you are saying?

hollywood

Banned Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Are you suggesting that there is some sort of conspiracy whereby the US will stage attacks and blame them on Iranian backed terrorists or have I misunderstood your post? Did McGovern actually say this on 'The Alex Jones Show' or are you reading this into the other things reported?

What are the military consequences for what you are saying?
Look
what your doing now is Politics you see this
A BUZZFLASH INTERVIEW

Why did you lie to get us into a war that was not necessary, that has caused these kinds of casualties? Why? -- Ray McGovern, Questioning Donald Rumsfeld,
and i know my limit my friend

Tasman

Ship Watcher
Verified Defense Pro
Look
A BUZZFLASH INTERVIEW

Why did you lie to get us into a war that was not necessary, that has caused these kinds of casualties? Why? -- Ray McGovern, Questioning Donald Rumsfeld,
Sorry, but I'm not going to continue a discussion that is clearly political. I won't be responding again.

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
If you want to discuss MILITARY STRATEGY of US Forces and/or Iranian forces IN CASE of any attack, then you are at the right place. If you want to discuss WHY, WHAT IF, WHY NOT then, such questions involve politics and we do not want to get into that. With these war in the middl east issue, everything is interconnected but for sake of friendly debates and healthy atmosphere, we cannot allow flame wars, emotional and political outbursts which could get out of hand.

So, all such posts from defencetalk were MOVED to WorldAffairsTalk.com

http://www.worldaffairstalk.com/forums/ < do politics, look at some pics, just chill.

Oh and, ONE THREAD per TOPIC. Do not open more threads on IRAN issue.

Enjoy!

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
You obviously have some difficulty in reading the forum rules re political discussions:

this is the third time that a senior member or moderator has politely advised you about the forum rules.

this is now a formal 2nd warning as I have already told you once before.

this is not up for public debate.

Look
A BUZZFLASH INTERVIEW

Status
Not open for further replies.