Fiscal Year 2009 (FY 09) Defense Budget: Programs of Interest

blackspace

Bill Status: The 110th Congress followed an unusual procedure regarding the FY 09 Authorizations and
Appropriations Bills. The House and Senate each passed their own version of an authorization bill. The House
passed its version, H.R. 5658, on May 22, 2008, and the Senate passed its version, S.3001, on Sept. 17, 2008.
A compromise authorization bill was then worked out informally in the House and Senate Armed Services
Committees as an amended version of the Senate-passed Resolution, S. 3001. The compromise authorization
was passed by the House on Sept. 24, 2008. The Senate then passed the compromise authorization bill on
Sept. 27, 2008. The House and Senate Defense Appropriations Subcommittees each marked up their own
version of the FY 09 Appropriations Bill, neither of which was released to the public. Furthermore, neither the
House nor Senate considered an Appropriations bill on the floor or held full committee markups. A
compromise version of the subcommittee bills, essentially a conference agreement of the FY 09 Defense
Appropriations Bill, was instead included in the FY 09 Continuing Resolution, H.R. 2638, as Division C,
Department of Defense Appropriations Act, 2009. The House passed the bill on Sept. 24, 2008, and the
Senate passed it on Sept. 27, 2008.1

there are some data of budget i don't paste .if you have any interest,i will paste it here.
my question:do you believe US gov. won't develop spacebased weapon.

eightball79_02

I believe we will develop space based weapons. I think with the communications and our space program we can develop some very interesting weapons that could be dangerous around the whole world. In my opinion it is a waste of time spending any more money looking at trying to go to mars and to live on the moon. That technology is very many years away. We need to worry about this "earth" and make sure we are taking care of business. If any other country is even thinking about space based weapons, we need to follow suit and beat them there.

Just my two cents.