Chinese "joined" the US-Korean naval exercise in the Yellow Sea?

continuumQ

Rumor has it that China sent air and naval assets to "join" the US-Korean joint exercise in the Yellow Sea. Numerous low-grade "contacts" were made. At one point there was even some "third party" joining the fun. Anybody care to shed some light on this extremely juicy mystery? What happened and how did it go?

PCShogun

Nobody? I guess the rumor is probably just that, then.
First I have heard of this, however, A Chinese Soong Class submarine popped up in the middle of a Carrier Task force in November 2006 without being detected, and you didn't hear much about that incident either.

greysave

First I have heard of this, however, A Chinese Soong Class submarine popped up in the middle of a Carrier Task force in November 2006 without being detected, and you didn't hear much about that incident either.
What are you talking about? That incident was all over the news. It popped up on the diesel kitty hawk.

PCShogun

What are you talking about? That incident was all over the news. It popped up on the diesel kitty hawk.
I didn't say it was not reported on, but I have seen more news coverage of Paris Hilton's Pomeranian having an ingrown toenail than I did of the submarine incident. At least on mainstream news.

greysave

I didn't say it was not reported on, but I have seen more news coverage of Paris Hilton's Pomeranian having an ingrown toenail than I did of the submarine incident. At least on mainstream news.
Well in that case there is more coverage on Arnold's love child then OBL's death.

PCShogun

Well in that case there is more coverage on Arnold's love child then OBL's death.
True. Not to be a war monger and China basher, but the people of the United States need to understand what is happening with China's growing political and military influence. The U.S. is about to start playing second fiddle to this asian giant, and the ramifications of that will be the beginning of another cold war, one which we are currently ill-prepared for with our sagging economic outlook.

Shock

True. Not to be a war monger and China basher, but the people of the United States need to understand what is happening with China's growing political and military influence. The U.S. is about to start playing second fiddle to this asian giant, and the ramifications of that will be the beginning of another cold war, one which we are currently ill-prepared for with our sagging economic outlook.
now the problem of the second cold war is that we are currently too entangled with china at the moment to truly do anything.

right now, we both know that we can nuke each others front yard but that would mean complete economic meltdown to do it and no one wants that.