Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Game

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
So who has the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare game Pre-ordered? I am thinking about ordering it, if you have, be sure to post here and maybe we can team up (when I order mine) in multi-player.

Link to the official site
http://www.modernwarfare2.com/games.php#/videos?id=6

Here is how you can get the game for $20, the deal does not apply to me as I will be playing it on a PC (AMD Phenom II 940 X4 Quad-Core 3.0Ghz CPU, 8GB G-Skills RAM and EVGA GeForce GTX 260 896MB 448-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card)

Gamers looking to get their hands on Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 will have the opportunity to preorder the title and pay a net price of $20 if they follow basic guidelines announced recently by retailer Gamestop.

According to the company, anyone who preorders the game from Gamestop.com will have it when it hits store shelves on November 10. If those customers trade in the game by December 13, Gamestop will give them a $40 in-store credit.

Considering Modern Warfare 2 costs $60, that means that those who trade in the title will pay just $20 to play it. It's not a bad deal for frequent gamers who play through a game once and never play it again.

The $40 credit is also available to those who purchase the $80 Modern Warfare 2 Hardened Edition.

More
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 for $20 | The Digital Home - CNET News

olkiej

Dude, my brother bought that game for me. The game is so intense. It is like your in middle of a war. I played this game for 1 hour and i am already addicted!:finger

StevoJH

The Bunker Group
Yes, its a good game.

I had a go on Xbox 360 last night. But i've got to get back into studying now, so I wont be having another go until my exams finish now.

jaffo4011

fantastic game although perhaps not as authentic as the first one.......i played the last one on ps3 for 2 years,pretty much everyday!

much recommended for all the avid readers of these forums!

the road runner

My mate just bought Call of Duty 2 from EB games(he ususlly buys games of STEAM).They are good to purchase off,as you get to take the game home ,and if you do not like the game, you can return it and get a refund.

Thats what my mate is doing he is returning CALL of DUTY 2 Modern war.He dosent like it and i agree with him,you have to walk to far to get to the action.Also if you want to play online there is only one server,thats right 1 server,with only 10 people max in the game................

I would not even consider getting this game,it reminds me of Battlefield 2,to many problems in the game and servers.

I would and have purchased CALL OF DUTY WORLD OF WAR,a heaps better game IMHO.
Set in ww2 pacific theater,the Japanese are a very worthy apponent.A Banzai charge gets the heart pumpin.

My gaming mates and i do not like Call of Duty Modern Warfare..But thats US,hell we still play Counter strike source.

Oh one more thing do you guys know about STEAM????
You can set up an account with Steam and purchase any game of there server.
When you sign into your STEAM account it will display all your games,just click the one you would like to pay.I have been a STEAM member since 1999,and they are the way to go if purchasing PC games.They always update there drivers,they are second to none when it comes to PC gaming

Welcome to Steam

Regards

StevoJH

The Bunker Group
Huh?

You don't like Modern Warfare 2 or you don't like the multiplayer system? Multiplayer on 360 is awesome. And once you unlock them there is massively more choice of weapon then there is in Modern Warfare 1.

You have to kill 150 people in multiplayer with the L86 before you can add accessories to it though. :(

They gave the L86 this really nice 80 or 100 round drum magazine, and because it feeds direct from the magazine it is much faster to reload then the other Light MG's.

the road runner

StevoJH i dont like playing playstation,i play on a PC.Its alot more user friendly for me,as i have played video games for a very very long time:D

But yeh not into COD modern warefare.
I play alot of COD4 modern warefare,love planting claymores and bouncing betys
The game play is very different,comparing PC to playstation.

COD2 was awsome...............

Regards

bruceedwards

My mate just bought Call of Duty 2 from EB games(he ususlly buys games of STEAM).They are good to purchase off,as you get to take the game home ,and if you do not like the game, you can return it and get a refund.

Thats what my mate is doing he is returning CALL of DUTY 2 Modern war.He dosent like it and i agree with him,you have to walk to far to get to the action.Also if you want to play online there is only one server,thats right 1 server,with only 10 people max in the game................

I would not even consider getting this game,it reminds me of Battlefield 2,to many problems in the game and servers.

I would and have purchased CALL OF DUTY WORLD OF WAR,a heaps better game IMHO.
Set in ww2 pacific theater,the Japanese are a very worthy apponent.A Banzai charge gets the heart pumpin.

My gaming mates and i do not like Call of Duty Modern Warfare..But thats US,hell we still play Counter strike source.

Oh one more thing do you guys know about STEAM????
You can set up an account with Steam and purchase any game of there server.
When you sign into your STEAM account it will display all your games,just click the one you would like to pay.I have been a STEAM member since 1999,and they are the way to go if purchasing PC games.They always update there drivers,they are second to none when it comes to PC gaming

Welcome to Steam

Regards
Not sure what you're on about there Road Runner. If your friend was miffed at the multiplayer on PC being crap, I can understand that.

It's worth pointing out that the PC version installs through Steam only (you might have been getting at this) - even when you buy the discs through a store - and thus I doubt you could return it.

The singleplayer campaign is great fun, although the plot is absolutely bonkers and makes almost no sense. It's great to see lots of modern military hardware in action, and several levels are based squarely on modern films (some scenes were very reminiscent of Generation Kill or The Bourne Ultimatum).

The multiplayer modes are a step down for PC - the number of players has been nerfed down from 32 to 18, and game hosting has been dragged back in time ten years. I imagine most PC players will be sticking to the multiplayer on COD:WAW and COD4:MW. Console versions don't need to worry about this however.

The new co-op 'Spec-Op' modes are great, and really add an excellent point of difference to the game.

the road runner

Not sure what you're on about there Road Runner. If your friend was miffed at the multiplayer on PC being crap, I can understand that. .
He was and so was i

It's worth pointing out that the PC version installs through Steam only (you might have been getting at this) - even when you buy the discs through a store - and thus I doubt you could return it. .
It is EB Games policy to do this,they let you pay for the game,take it home for a week and if you dont like it you can return it,i have done it a number of times.

As for STEAM,you would not be able to get a refund,thats why i only purchase games of STEAM that i have already played.

The singleplayer campaign is great fun,.
I like to play against a human ,not a BOT that has no brain and walks into your line of sight .Everyone is different when it comes to gaming.

The multiplayer modes are a step down for PC - the number of players has been nerfed down from 32 to 18, and game hosting has been dragged back in time ten years. I imagine most PC players will be sticking to the multiplayer on COD:WAW and COD4:MW. .
Thats why i play PC.

The new co-op 'Spec-Op' modes are great, and really add an excellent point of difference to the game.
was playing SPEC ops expansion on PC ,3 years ago,its just come out on xbox :p:
Love being a Medic in that one

All i was saying is i do not like COD2 modern warefare,i have played it on PC and would rather play COD4,its just me..

There is no right or wrong when choosing a game there is only FUN!

Regards

StevoJH

The Bunker Group
I havent been playing it on live. Costs money. ;)

As for playing on PC. I can't afford a new computer at the moment, so thats a non-starter.

jaffo4011

well,online play is free on the ps3 which is one of the many reasons i chose that system over x box.......
i cant imagine many readers on here not enjoying the prospect of manning a c130 and pounding enemy defences with its 115mm gun!.....amongst of the the other fun items and perks to play with.....:flame:duel:)

the road runner

Thats the prob with it,its the same as Call of Duty 4 Modern warefare,they just re invented it and boxed it up as COD2

You could user a The Spectra Gunship with night vision,and take out the enemy with 105 mm howetizers and 40 mm cannon in COD4 that came out 3 years ago.............

I just think COD2 is very similar to COD4,the only difference is the maps ect.......

My 2c

Regards

blitzkreig

defense talk hacked

has anyone noticed the defense takl indian military section is not working
if we click on them ,it shows pakistan military
something has gone wrong
please debug the web page

jaffo4011

yes thats true about the spectra but now its also an option when playing on multi player...

i think that cod4 was actually the better game but im still very happy with the new game and am thoroughly enjoying it....the special ops is brilliant when playing with a teammate online or split screen...

StevoJH

The Bunker Group
I like it that enemies no longer respawn now. You can take your time and make sure to kill them all. :ar15

The Special Ops Missions are cool. Once I go home i'll have to find someone to play the Sneaking around ones with me.

Tavarisch

It's worth noting that the Russian paratroopers and soldiers in this game seem to be using Western equipment. Some cheap camo too. Never seen that kind of camo pattern before for Russia anywhere during the invasion parts. I was a bit surprised that Activision didn't add AK-74s or AN-94s either.

Somehow all the Americans are accurately equipped though. : /

Otherwise, the game totally rocks. Multi-player especially. Love the new M4. It's sexy.

jaffo4011

I like it that enemies no longer respawn now. You can take your time and make sure to kill them all. :ar15

The Special Ops Missions are cool. Once I go home i'll have to find someone to play the Sneaking around ones with me.
stevo,if you are ps3(i cant remember!),then send me a pm and ill add you on the network and we can have a game....

StevoJH

The Bunker Group
stevo,if you are ps3(i cant remember!),then send me a pm and ill add you on the network and we can have a game....
360 Unfortunately. :(

Tavarisch, The Russians AK-47's with EOTECH's and ACOG's plus for some reason they are also using FN L1A1's (not the FAL itself because its semi-auto in the game). It would have been nice if they'd given the Russian's the correct Weapons and preferrably *russian* optic. So yeah, we agree.

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
has anyone noticed the defense takl indian military section is not working
if we click on them ,it shows pakistan military
something has gone wrong
please debug the web page
What are you talking about? :confused: What India section, what link??? Whatever the issue is, this isn't the thread to talk about it. :rolleyes:

jaffo4011

i wonder why the british arent SAS anymore but some fictional 'TASK FORCE141' rubbish now?

also,i see that whilst we now have the lmg version of the sa80(abeit with a fictional drum magazine) the sa80 itself is still missing fron the assault rifle section....shame.:confused: