Anonymous posts bomb threat for November 5

Eeshaan

Hacker Claiming Association to Anonymous Posts Bomb Threat for November 5th

Well, this news is about hackers AND a bomb, I don't know wether it'll belong in the Network Security forum or the WMD discussion, so I thought I'd post it here.

Here is the full message :

Dear citizens of the world,
We are anonymous. As of today 200 kilograms of composite Nitroglycerin and commercial explosives have effectively been concealed in a government building, situated in the united states of America. on the 5th of November 2012 the device will detonate remotely via the transmission control protocol, leaving behind severe consequences. We would like to advise that the contraption is built inside a tamper proof apparatus sensitive to physical intrusions or attempted disarmament, thus resulting in the desired effect, if the military grade device is found before the 5th of November. there is no intention, risks or circumstances what so ever to cause harm to innocent people, but we can not, say the same for the people who are the real terrorists, oppressors and war creators.
we are anonymous
we are legion
we do not forget
we do not forgive
on the 5th of November, you will expect us.
First hackers, now terrorists. Someone needs to do something about these scum. I blame Wikileaks and their promotion of anti-establishment and anarchist behaviour.

Some are claiming that this is a false flag operation to put the heat on Anonymous. Whatever the case is, these guys need to go, ASAP.

Blackshoe

Defense Professional
Verified Defense Pro
there is no intention, risks or circumstances what so ever to cause harm to innocent people
Then why put a bomb in an unknown building without saying where it is so they can evacuate? The only terrorists I know of who actually put bombs in places and then call the threat in are the Basques, and that's what they do.

Putting bombs in buildings but not identifying the building (which I grant them they could ID later) is not generally in line with "no intention, risks, or circumstances what so ever (sic) to cause harm to innocent people".

Also, I'm curious to see how quickly this person who thinks he or she is "Anonymous" finds out they aren't as anonymous as they might think.

Belesari

Then why put a bomb in an unknown building without saying where it is so they can evacuate? The only terrorists I know of who actually put bombs in places and then call the threat in are the Basques, and that's what they do.

Putting bombs in buildings but not identifying the building (which I grant them they could ID later) is not generally in line with "no intention, risks, or circumstances what so ever (sic) to cause harm to innocent people".

Also, I'm curious to see how quickly this person who thinks he or she is "Anonymous" finds out they aren't as anonymous as they might think.
Im not sure exactly what this is it sounds more like a splinter group or a group looking to pose as anon than the group itself.

And yea i remember when a hacker group said they were going to spread info about a mexican drug cartel. They went and backed down when the cartel basicly said, "we know where you are, who you are and we will kill you".

ADMk2

Just a bloke
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
This sounds rather unlike Anonymous. As nothing has gone up on @anonops, @YourAnonNews, Your Anon News or AnonOps • Index I sincerely doubt this has anything to do with Anonymous...

That and the language issues, appears very much like a non-native English speaker and hence, not "Anonymous"...

:coffee

Edit: 15hrs ago they refuted in on their official twitter feed:

"The usual disclaimer around this time of the year, but only once: #OpV is nonsense and not existent. Now continuing to ignore this crap."

Game over folks...

Abraham Gubler

Defense Professional
Verified Defense Pro
They left a line out of their statement:

"we are anonymous
we are legion
we do not forget
we do not forgive
we do not have girlfriends
on the 5th of November, you will expect us. "

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
This sounds rather unlike Anonymous. As nothing has gone up on @anonops, @YourAnonNews, Your Anon News or AnonOps • Index I sincerely doubt this has anything to do with Anonymous...
they might be girlfriendless nocturnal gumbies - but they aren't that dumb to do a self declaration like this.

eg lets self declare as a terrorist org and give a whole pile of agencies in countries legitimacy to chase after us and really play hardball.

ADMk2

Just a bloke
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
they might be girlfriendless nocturnal gumbies - but they aren't that dumb to do a self declaration like this.

eg lets self declare as a terrorist org and give a whole pile of agencies in countries legitimacy to chase after us and really play hardball.
One of the (legitimate in the sense "real") characteristics is they rarely make an announcement, unless they've already achieved said announcement. This is typical of most of the hacks they've undertaken but it's been seen in other arenas too.

Notably since the Mexican drug cartel v Anonymous incident...

:nutkick

ADMk2

Just a bloke
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
They left a line out of their statement:
Or two...

"we are anonymous
we are legion
we do not forget
we do not forgive
we do not have girlfriends
we cannot stand the sun
we oppose anything with the term "diet" in it
or being outside our parent's basement
on the 5th of November, you will expect us (unless there's some sort of pizza / monster / red bull sale on, in which case we'll spend our time more fruitfully attempting to SQL inject or DDOS some innocent person's website for 36 hours straight and claim we have mad skillz..."
fear our nerd rage

Eeshaan

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
on the 5th of November, you will expect us (unless there's some sort of pizza / monster / red bull sale on, in which case we'll spend our time more fruitfully attempting to SQL inject or DDOS some innocent person's website for 36 hours straight and claim we have mad skillz..."
OK that was hilarious :eek:nfloorl:

But really, what I don't understand, refuted or not, why pick Guy Fawkes night for it ? If you want to blow up a building in the USA, why the hell are you picking a UK event for it, that too a party night ? That too by a group of HACKERS who conduct their crimes from behind a computer.

It just doesn't make sense. This day is not historically significant for the USA, only the UK was affected when Guy Fawkes tried to kill the king and the entire parliament.

Even if this was a false flag or a very well made hoax, you don't really expect the people behind this to get away that easily. Good riddance anyways.

ADMk2

Just a bloke
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
OK that was hilarious :eek:nfloorl:

But really, what I don't understand, refuted or not, why pick Guy Fawkes night for it ? If you want to blow up a building in the USA, why the hell are you picking a UK event for it, that too a party night ? That too by a group of HACKERS who conduct their crimes from behind a computer.

It just doesn't make sense. This day is not historically significant for the USA, only the UK was affected when Guy Fawkes tried to kill the king and the entire parliament.

Even if this was a false flag or a very well made hoax, you don't really expect the people behind this to get away that easily. Good riddance anyways.
Cheers.

Guy Fawkes masks are the Anonymous "symbol"...

Many Anon rallies, so-called #antisec operations etc have previously occurred on 5 November.

anondonut

Alright, I'm going to clear a few things up. Virtually all of Anonymous has condemned this, and we would like to apologize for the confusion. I believe that this was a false flag attack, created by the federal government. As some of you may know, the NDAA for 2012 legalized the indefinite detainment of terrorists, those "associated" with terrorists, and "covered persons". By painting Anonymous as terrorists, they could easily take us all, and the general public would see nothing wrong. No more Anonymous. No question from the general public. A perfect plan.

I myself am suspected of terrorism for simply speaking out about the threat. Ah, America.

Eeshaan

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Alright, I'm going to clear a few things up. Virtually all of Anonymous has condemned this, and we would like to apologize for the confusion. I believe that this was a false flag attack, created by the federal government. As some of you may know, the NDAA for 2012 legalized the indefinite detainment of terrorists, those "associated" with terrorists, and "covered persons". By painting Anonymous as terrorists, they could easily take us all, and the general public would see nothing wrong. No more Anonymous. No question from the general public. A perfect plan.

I myself am suspected of terrorism for simply speaking out about the threat. Ah, America.
So we now have an Anonymous member and official message on Deftalk forums.

Well here is Deftalk's 15 minutes of fame, I guess.

Nah just kidding :lol2